You Want Diversity? You Can't Handle Diversity!

2 hours ago, buster. said:

You can imagine Stuart Cosgrove having a look at that line-up and coming away with the line that none are able or willing to play for Scotland and the manager has a big hoose down in Liverpool.

"Reminiscent, indeed redolent, of the slave owning era: the black guys do the work, and the white guys supervise."

5 hours ago, buster. said:

You can imagine Stuart Cosgrove having a look at that line-up and coming away with the line that none are able or willing to play for Scotland and the manager has a big hoose down in Liverpool.

Cosgrove is a man for purity.

He doesn't like Anglo-Scots, "ah cannae stand the accent". Warren Cummings, Oli McBurnie, Bruce Rioch, Bob Wilson, ............ etc.

Cosgrove is akin to Farage, he hates everything European and yet marries a German wife. Cosgrove spends thirty years being educated in Hull and working in London, but hates fellow Scots who have done similar and lost a bit of their accents by speaking slower and rounding vowels. 

Cosgrove owns a couple of flats in London, it's a growing property portfolio. Quite a recovery for a Bankrupt? Yep, DrStu shared a production company(A Big Star in a small picture) with Sellik supporter, Don Coutts. Often, I think it's why Cosgrove was such an effective poster on the Rangers Tax Case Blog, he had experienced bankruptcy himself. I wonder if his production company owed any face painters?

13 hours ago, Ieatbats said:

Give me some examples 

More simply the fact that capitalism - especially British capitalism - developed and prospered through subjugating non-white cultures; for example, they committed genocide against the Tasmanian aborigines, the last one who was a native speaker going by the name of Truganini.

31 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

He doesn't like Anglo-Scots, "ah cannae stand the accent".

Cosgrove, himself, you may have noticed, is a man of variable accent. One might almost think that he had taken lessons in elocution. 

The accent, and the vernacular, which he employs when engaged in his repetitive, unamusing badinage with Terracing Tam differs significantly from those he uses when pontificating  (oh, he is fond of preachifying) on matters he probably regards as beyond the ken of his OTB audience. Really quite strangulated pronunciation, and a different vocabulary, come into play when he is delivering his thoughts on, you know the kind of thing, say:

"Throbbing Gristle - Pioneers of the Post-Rock Aesthetic"; or

"Transformative Performance Art and New Balkan Sensibilities".

The inverted snobbery of his fitba' pronouncements is ditched for -dare I say it- the intellectual snobbery of a metropolitan cultural elite. 

Ultimately, he is a pompous, hypocritical, snide, and pretentious old wind bag. 

But, apart from that......

11 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Cosgrove, himself, you may have noticed, is a man of variable accent. One might almost think that he had taken lessons in elocution. 

The accent, and the vernacular, which he employs when engaged in his repetitive, unamusing badinage with Terracing Tam differs significantly from those he uses when pontificating  (oh, he is fond of preachifying) on matters he probably regards as beyond the ken of his OTB audience. Really quite strangulated pronunciation, and a different vocabulary, come into play when he is delivering his thoughts on, you know the kind of thing, say:

The inverted snobbery of his fitba' pronouncements is ditched for -dare I say it- the intellectual snobbery of a metropolitan cultural elite. 

That's fair.

6 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

More simply the fact that capitalism - especially British capitalism - developed and prospered through subjugating non-white cultures; for example, they committed genocide against the Tasmanian aborigines, the last one who was a native speaker going by the name of Truganini.

Attrocities were committed by all races and religions at some point in history, I'm certainly not going to go on a guilt trip for something my ancestors may have done, that's why it's called history because it's in the past. 

18 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Via various platforms and various accents, he preaches so much that I think most just nod without really listening.

For me, his use of various accents underlines a fundamentally dishonest approach to communication.

He is selling, rather than informing and puts a premium on how the mesage sounds. Accuracy in the detail of what he drones on about isn't nearly as important to him and is often deliberately twisted or left out.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

Via various platforms and various accents, he preaches so much that I think most just nod without really listening.

For me, his use of various accents underlines a fundamentally dishonest approach to communication.

He is selling, rather than informing and puts a premium on how the mesage sounds. Accuracy in the detail of what he drones on about isn't nearly as important to him and is often deliberately twisted or left out.

I think that he loves the sound of his own voices.

Edited by Uilleam

Just now, Uilleam said:

I think that he loves the sound of his own voices.

That as well, undoubtedly.

I feel sorry for his Mrs and wee Jack, but maybe his property portfolio allows for some considerable distancing.