[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 33, 50)

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Interested to note from all the pre and post interviews today, Rangers seemed to have stepped up their Covid protocols by wearing masks now. I wonder if that is just a subtle jibe in the direction of our rivals failure in this regard?? Might be an idea to change our PPE provider however, as the masks clearly do not fit snugly over the nose. Or maybe we received John Kennedy's order by mistake??

Do these masks work?

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

The stats are incredible really.  Can't give the players and coaching team enough credit but there's still a lot of hard work to be done!

Even more incredible when you think that winning 3/4 games in a row seemed to be impossible for this squad about a year ago. 

15 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Morelos goal, Kent assist.

Morelos goal, Kent assist.

Stats don’t tell the whole story though. I thought both goals were all about Hagi dragging defenders around and making loads of space for Kent and Morelos? ?

Edited by DMAA

In seriousness, fantastic result and it’s another very tough fixture ticked off. Brilliant for Morelos to get two goals, proper strikers finishes at that, and let’s hope it instils some confidence back into his game. I’m still in the process of watching through the game on catch up, I’ve got too many kids to watch most games live, but I’m not surprised Kent had a better game at Pittodrie, it’s always a fixture which suits his style with more space in behind. His second assist was just a wee touch but it was brilliant, if that was Hagi I’d have started a thread about it. On to Motherwell. 

Edited by DMAA

Agreed Compo, keep the foot on their neck for the next few games, then when we get Jack and Arfield back, it'll allow us to kick on again. That lot can't be looking forward to playing Livi either, given the run their on - Ironically it'll suit us better playing the way the new guy there has them playing rather than a wll of 10 as they did before with Holt.

Brilliant to see wee Morelos back scoring and smiling again, he's looking like he's getting his sharpness and his mojo back, perfect timing.

2 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Agreed Compo, keep the foot on their neck for the next few games, then when we get Jack and Arfield back, it'll allow us to kick on again.

Sadly I think Arfield is out for a while. It’s a big blow and I’m gutted for him. Jack returning will be a huge boost. 

I wonder if it is more than coincidence that Morelos is playing better with Roofe out the team?

With Roofe playing, Morelos is not the main forward, and gets much deeper and involved with the play, and while that part of his game is improving, it can look like he is off-form as it is a lot to learn for a previously mainly penalty box striker. With Roofe out, Morelos reverted to a more central, leading the line position and this seems to have brought the best out of him again. 

Could all be just coincidental and he is free of niggles, mentally in a better place, fitter, any of the above, or a one-off and he has a stinker next game!

15 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I wonder if it is more than coincidence that Morelos is playing better with Roofe out the team?

With Roofe playing, Morelos is not the main forward, and gets much deeper and involved with the play, and while that part of his game is improving, it can look like he is off-form as it is a lot to learn for a previously mainly penalty box striker. With Roofe out, Morelos reverted to a more central, leading the line position and this seems to have brought the best out of him again. 

Could all be just coincidental and he is free of niggles, mentally in a better place, fitter, any of the above, or a one-off and he has a stinker next game!

There might be something in that but it's based on 1 game since Roofe has been absent. It also makes me wonder if Morelos is that fragile of a person that not being the main man makes him miscontrol the ball? 

I reckon we saw a better Morelos yesterday because we played better as a team. We were more fluid yesterday than we have been of late and that can only help a striker