Whittaker signs 5 year deal

I'll need to be convinced of this signing simply because I havent seen him play :)

2 million for another Hibs player :confused: Are we bank rolling them or something.

Welcome to the club anyway - We did need a right sided player.

�£8.4mil for Thomson, Whittaker and Brown will be doing their finances no harm. :(

�£8.4mil for Thomson, Whittaker and Brown will be doing their finances no harm. :(

makes me wonder about our youth development... would we get 8.4 mil for hutton, smith and adam?? i dont know...

also, are hibs getting the money because they actually played their youth? are our youth players any better and just not getting first team action soon enough? if so, and we keep going down this path, it will be a costly one...

I read somewhere (can't find the flipping link) that Walter wants to use Whittaker and Hutton as a partnership on the right (presumably Whittaker as a right midfielder). So where does this leave Burke? Any thoughts? Maybe I should have posted this on a spearate thread - I'm a little rusty...

Think we have a similar problem on the left. Who does he pick there : McCullock, Beasley or Adam while as you say, on the right we have Burke, Whittaker and Novo and a middle 3 of Fergie, Hemdani and Thompson ???

Think we have a similar problem on the left. Who does he pick there : McCullock, Beasley or Adam while as you say, on the right we have Burke, Whittaker and Novo and a middle 3 of Fergie, Hemdani and Thompson ???

I guess we should be glad that we now have a lot of cover for so many positions (I think this has been mentioned on the squad analysis thread).

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Whittaker playing for us, as I've not really seen too much of him - I hope he's able to make the step up.