Maybe Nothing In It, But......

FIRST minister Nicola Sturgeon says she is optimistic that a "reasonably good number" of spectators will be able to attend matches at Euro 2020.

The SFA must submit their final plans to UEFA tomorrow based on how many fans they expect to be allowed to enter Hampden Park for the three group stage matches and one knockout game which scheduled to be played at Hampden during the continental showpiece this June.

The FA south of the border said last week that as many as 3,200 SCOTLAND fans could be allowed into Wembley for the meeting with the Auld Enemy.

Sturgeon said: "I'm not able to get into that right now, we have to put our proposals into Uefa and they have to then assess those, and it will be for them to set out the proposals in due course.

'We are well aware of the deadline tomorrow and, while these are not final decisions for us, I'm optimistic that we'll have matches played here in Scotland with a number of spectators.

"A reasonably good number of spectators in Hampden for them.

'These are discussions and decisions that need to be made by the appropriate authorities."

The first minister's words come as the SFA is expected to confirm to UEFA that Hampden will be able to accommodate fans for this summer's Euro finals.

Making a commitment about fans inside grounds is thought to be a key assurance sought from all 12 host cities, although the precise size of the crowd remains unclear.

There has been talk of games being relocated to England if such guarantees couldn't be given, although clinical director Jason Leitch said on Saturday that a number of different scenarios in terms of the size of crowds were still being looked at.

He told Off the Ball: "I think with a fair wind - with good restrictions now, if people follow them - we will have crowds in Hampden and other UK stadia in June.h

"I'm not sure that will look normal. I think it may well be limited and distanced.

'There are a number of scenarios UEFA, the SFA and the government are working on.

'There are a variety of scenarios from basically zero to half the crowd, or even more than that.

"I think the most likely is somewhere between those two extremes by the time we get to June.'

Scotland face the Czech Republic at Hampden on June 14 and Croatia in Glasgow in June 22.

The Wembley match is squeezed between those two games with the London stadium set to host a minimum of 10,000 fans for the matches.

It remains to be seen how many of the 12 host cities will be able to satisfy Uefa chief executive Aleksander Ceferin's wishlist for matches to proceed.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6925428/scotland-euro-2020-boost-nicola-sturgeon-reasonably-good-fans/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1617711805

8 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

it has been deadly for the previous 12 months though. 

Aye, for less than 1% of the population (the estimated death rate is between 0.5 and 1%).

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Quick online search:

"Can I still spread the coronavirus after I'm vaccinated?

It's possible. Experts say the risk is low, but are still studying how well the shots blunt the spread of the virus. The current vaccines are highly effective at preventing people from getting seriously sick with COVID-19."

I just took my mum for her second one and asked the nurse about it, and she said pretty much what you said, and she said it's possible there may be a third jag in the autumn.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I just took my mum for her second one and asked the nurse about it, and she said pretty much what you said, and she said it's possible there may be a third jag in the autumn.

Yeah my parents were told similar - a booster jag in autumn / winter.