FA Cup Final Chelsea v Leicester City

Predictions were in the Premier League thread but perhaps a wee FA cup thread of its own.

For me the FA Cup has really been diluted in the last 15 years. I cant think of a good final since the new Wembley has been open, perhaps the Arsenal comeback against Hull in 2014. Various reasons for the dilution for me.

1) Its become more commercialized and doesnt need to be.

2) Other competitions have made it less interesting.

3) The 5pm kick off is just wrong, it should be 3pm all day long. it looks more like the Community Shield these days rather than the FA cup final

4) The new Wembley itself doesnt have the same feeling as the old Wembley, even Cardiff was a much better venue for the 6 finals it held.

5) Additionally the semi finals at the likes of Villa Park added some spice.  

However for some reason todays fixture has a good feeling about it and will have two very good sides really wanting to win it. That said I went for 0-0 but it could easily be 2-2. A big boost is there will be 20,000 in the ground to give it some atmosphere, as good as that is it will still not be a quarter full. 

I'll still opt for Leicester to lift the cup on pens.

I agree about kick-off time and semis played at Villa Park. The event itself is contaminated by the ugly sisters, Show-Biz and Advertising.

Chelsea and Leicester are very good teams but I have no interest in either. Chelsea are the better. 

Would the tims be miffed if Brendan won it?

I’ll have a look at it until I get called for my tea but I’ll be wishing I was watching something like Preston North End v Sheffield Wednesday, 1950s vintage.