Team for Falkirk

I think Hemdani and Thomson both offer the same to us just now because of the role that WS is asking them both to play. The only difference is that Hemdani is more skillful and does things with more flair while Thomson likes to keep things simple. I've just been very impressed with Thomson recently and while he's not stealing the headlines, I think he does a very good job for us so would like to see him continue.

The problem is more that I think we should only be playing 1 out of those 2 in a first XI, so there's going to be arguments for and against both of them tbh. Certainly in the SPL I'd like to see us returning to a 4-4-2 and trying to get a settled striking partnership for a few games on the trot.

Much as i would love other results to go our way,the old cliche,win our own games first,still applies.I think it will be another tight game today as Falkirk are a good football team,however it's at Ibrox and if we have any intention of winning anything then these are the games we MUST WIN,so i'm expecting a good 2 or 3-0 win today, NOTHING LESS THAN A WIN !!!!!!!!!

_______________McGregor____________

Hutton____Weir____Cuellar____Papac

Whitaker___Ferguson__Thomson___McCulloch

__________Novo_____Cousin

thats the team for today, looking forward to seeing how they do, im pleased with that team.

Official site team news

Whittaker Set For Gers Debut

By Emma Dodds

WALTER SMITH has made four changes to his side for today's SPL clash against Falkirk with Stephen Whittaker being handed his Rangers debut.

Steven Whittaker

The former Hibs star will play on the right of midfield, in front of Alan Hutton, for his first appearance in Light Blue and in front of the home support.

Sasa Papac returns from injury, while Euro goal hero Nacho Novo has been rewarded with a place in the starting line-up. Daniel Cousin also looked impressive during the week and he too is in from the beginning.

There is no place in the squad for Brahim Hemdani, DaMarcus Beasley, Ian Murray, Charlie Adam and Alan Gow.

Kenny Milne is eligible to play for Falkirk after having his red card overturned earlier this week.

RANGERS: McGregor, Hutton, Cuellar, Weir, Papac; Whittaker, Ferguson, Thomson, McCulloch; Cousin, Novo

SUBS: Carroll, Broadfoot, Boyd, Darcheville, Shinnie, Emslie, Kinniburgh

FALKIRK: Krul, Ross, Barr, Milne, Scobie, Cregg, Riera, Thomson, Latapy, Moutinho, Higdon

SUBS: Olejnik, Holden, Barret, Finnigan, Arfield, Aafjes, Moffat

REFEREE: Eddie Smith

I wasn't far out with my team. Boyd instead of Whittake with Novo pushed up top.

Edit: Bollox, RB just beat me too it.