[FT] Sparta Prague 1 - 0 Rangers

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

UEFA are useless and tonight has proven that they enabled racist behaviour. 

UEFA don't hand out punishment the moment something happens.  They review incidents and then hand out punishment, often several days or weeks later.

I don't think there should be any repurcussions because children booed a player they don't like.  If you disagree, that's fair enough.

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

UEFA don't hand out punishment the moment something happens.  They review incidents and then hand out punishment, often several days or weeks later.

I don't think there should be any repurcussions because children booed a player they don't like.  If you disagree, that's fair enough.

Funny how they only seemed to dislike the non-white players in our team. Maybe I'm over reacting and it was a mere coincidence. 

Will just have to wait and see what, if anything, UEFA do / say. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Funny how they only seemed to dislike the non-white players in our team.

I had my TV up loud and only heard booing when Kamara was on the ball.  

The Czechs don't like him because they think he got one of their players banned from the Euros.  Booing someone you think has done you wrong isn't racist.  There is likely to be an element of racism involved but proving that would be impossible.

I keep hearing kids are taught hate, which is just nonsense.  I used to attend a primary school which had the only 'special unit' in my hometown.  Kids at other schools used to rip us to shreds about it and we weren't exactly angels ourselves when it came to commenting on the 'special' kids.  Kids can be absolutely horrible without any instruction from adults - I've witnessed it many a time.  

29 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I had my TV up loud and only heard booing when Kamara was on the ball.  

The Czechs don't like him because they think he got one of their players banned from the Euros.  Booing someone you think has done you wrong isn't racist.  There is likely to be an element of racism involved but proving that would be impossible.

I keep hearing kids are taught hate, which is just nonsense.  I used to attend a primary school which had the only 'special unit' in my hometown.  Kids at other schools used to rip us to shreds about it and we weren't exactly angels ourselves when it came to commenting on the 'special' kids.  Kids can be absolutely horrible without any instruction from adults - I've witnessed it many a time.  

It was certainly louder when Kamara had the ball but noticable when others had it as well. Going by reactions on Social Media and Rangers sites, certainly wasn't the only person to here all our non-white players being boo'ed. 

It appears we are not going to agree on this, so it's my last "quote" / reply on this topic.

Edited by CammyF

17 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Going by reactions on Social Media and Rangers sites, certainly wasn't the only person to here all our non-white players being boo'ed. 

Social media and Rangers sites aren't exactly objective sources. 

For the record, I think treating someone differently because of their race is disgusting behaviour.   

Edited by Gonzo79

24 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Social media and Rangers sites aren't exactly objective

For the record, I think treating someone differently because of their race is disgusting behaviour.   

Is it - sorry now edited.

Edited by CammyF

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I've edited mine's too.

I reckon we'd get on fine in real life, Cammy.

Hopefully Gerrard and the team get their shit together on Sunday.  

I'm sure we would, I just come across as a grumpy, argumentative old bassa which in "real life" I'm not, no matter what anyone / everyone who knows me says  ?

Edited by CammyF