Our first XI, who would you pick?

Going back to Mike's original point - our best team - surely Stevie Smith has to be in it actually. Once he's back fit he'll be a cracking player. Totallyspoiled for choices I really don't envy Walter his job!!

But due to the nature of the injury and Smith having missed pre-season, we won't know when he'll be ready for first team action. Same applies to Buffel who if fit and interested surely rates a mention in our best 11.

Cammy F

Going back to Mike's original point - our best team - surely Stevie Smith has to be in it actually. Once he's back fit he'll be a cracking player. Totallyspoiled for choices I really don't envy Walter his job!!

Yip, I was just going on who's available at the moment and who knows when Smith will be back.

As for Buffel, the same applies. Who knows when he'll be fit and available. Besides, he's still got to prove himself here and I'm not sure where he'd fit in to our current plans and where he is in the pecking order now.

I think the main thing here is that the feel good factor is back at Ibrox,without getting too carried away,I really see us winning trophies again and for me I hope it's the SPL,european football...........well TBH we have a good chance of securing third spot and dropping into the UEFA cup and an outside chance of getting through to the knockout stages,i'd prefer third and having a decent run in the UEFA and winning the SPL and maybe even throw in the Scottish cup,see what I mean i'm getting greedy now.

This is a tough one for me to pick. There is a few things to think about 1) going on current form, 2) Ability 3) Availability (injured or not) 4) what I have seen of a player (e.g Ive never seen Whittaker play) 5) And most importantly what game we are playing (easy SPL home game or tough euro / OF away match.

But the good thing is the amount of options we have available.

The defence picks itself at the moment and we have great back up. Im sure Webster will give Weir a run in the coming weeks but I'll stick with Weir at the moment to partner Cuellar.

In midfield McCulloch started off great but has been a bit more quiet in the last few games. I think he should have been kept on the right. I cant believe Hemdani hasnt been involved so much recently, IMO it would be Ferguson making way.

Cousin looks a buy. And I would say a fully fit Buffel would have to be on the team sheet.

Im going to have a stab at this team for the reserved line up :

_______________McGregor_____________

Hutton_____Weir______Cuellar_____Papac

__________Hemdani___Thomson_________

___McCulloch_____Buffel______Beasley___

________________Cousin_______________

Controversial I know.... although Gribz will possibly agree with me.... but right now I think with Stevie Smith out injured there is good reason to play a 3-5-2 (at least at Ibrox).

I would go with the following team - with the 2 wide midfielders (Whittaker & McCulloch) obviously dropping as wing backs when we don't have the ball. The number of times Hutton gets pulled inside he may as well be playing CB anyway :fish:

_________________McGregor_________________

_______Hutton______Cuellar______Weir________

Whittaker____Thomson____Ferguson____McCulloch

__________________Naismith_________________

____________JCD/Boyd________Cousin_________

For home games in the SPL I would tend to agree with you here but I dont see Hutton playing in a back 3.

Id have to go:

_____________McGregor_____________

______Weir____Cuellar_____Webster___

_________Hemdani____Thomson_______

__McCulloch_____Buffel________Beasley

_________Cousin_____Darchville_______

But all of the above is going on what ive seen so far. Novo would be pushing for a start on the right while non of our left sided players have been over-impressive so far.

I know everyone is going to say Im mad having no Ferguson and Boyd in the team. But I just cant work out where to put BF. He started well this season and got forward but he over dictates at times and doesnt have a settled position of either defensive or offensive. I think he plays to much in the centre and should move over to the right or left side of centre and then Hemdani would play better with him.

As for Boyd, I think everyone knows I dont rate him at all.

But the options are great and Im looking forward to seeing more of Naismith and Whittaker before I judge.