Archie McPherson

don't you mean can't? now i don't know about you but this struck me odd.

when setanta showed the highlights of the gretna game he said darchville however on RTV when they showed the full game he said darkville. so it was either darkville or darchville.

You cant beat Archie. One of my fave commentators. I get him out here on the Setanta feed channel and he is 20 times better than Ian Crocker.

He has been like that with pronounciations since I can remember starting hearing him in the 80s. OOommph and theres a ball and its....

He does call him Darkville though :)

Yeah big Archie is a legend for his pronounciations.

Remember Can-toe-na and Dado Prooozo.

One of my favourite memories was when he was doing the radio commentry (the tv reception was off) of the Scotland v Costa Rica game at Italy 90. There was a moment when he did his usual 'and Scotland have scored' then changed it moments later to 'oooph and it's hit the bar' but we didn't hear the second part and were already running round the house crazy. It wasn't until much later we realised that we hadn't scored.

Good old Archie :cheers: