1 off set back or reminder?

No he was crap, The radio commentators said after about 40 mins" Faye has the ball oh yeh he is playing." He was substituted at half-time.

Unfortunately this is what I had feared from this guy. Why the heck did we sign him? Unless of course this was a one off...

whittaker, thompson and debeadsley were every bit as bad. You could have subbed anyone of them. not one of them stood up to be counted on saturday. that is why we lost.

Agree AND disagree.

SW, KT and DMB were all as bad as Faye, absolutely awful.

However, I don't think that is why we lost - we lost because of a number of factors, not least of which was the schoolboy defending.

The 1st goal had at least 2 errors, Cuellar passed the ball out to the flank which he shouldn't have done and Hutton had come far too central, leaving driver acres of space to shoot..... and it just didn't get any better from there.

Agree AND disagree.

SW, KT and DMB were all as bad as Faye, absolutely awful.

However, I don't think that is why we lost - we lost because of a number of factors, not least of which was the schoolboy defending.

The 1st goal had at least 2 errors, Cuellar passed the ball out to the flank which he shouldn't have done and Hutton had come far too central, leaving driver acres of space to shoot..... and it just didn't get any better from there.

To be fair, for Drivers goal Hutton had to follow the run of a Hearts player into the middle, to cover for the centre backs. This meant Driver was in acres of space, but if other players were doing there job Hutton would've been out there marking him.

Guest BlueBlood

Has nobody yet picked up on the "up and under" football we are still playing?

When we keep the ball on the ground we at least look the part, but the amount of times (admittedly before Ferguson came on) we had the ball just out of our defence and just lumped it up the park in the hope that someone would latch onto it was ridiculous.

Nine times out of ten we gave posession away which resulted in another Hearts shot on goal.

If we are to do anything this season we MUST play the ball on the ground and keep posession, imo we do have the players to play football but to do that we need to give them the ball.

Hearts humiliated us on Saturday, I hope that gave Smithy and Co a wake up call, if not we'll be second fiddle to the 'tic again.....C'mon the 'Gers

To be fair, for Drivers goal Hutton had to follow the run of a Hearts player into the middle, to cover for the centre backs. This meant Driver was in acres of space, but if other players were doing there job Hutton would've been out there marking him.

Disagree about Hutton having to cover the CB's. Hearts had one player through the middle who was being covered by Weir, which left Cuellar to cover the runner.

The ONLY time that a full back should be leaving his position is if there isn't enough cover OR if the team (and that player in particular) are playing a man-marking system.

I would need to see the replay again to make sure that it was played out the way I think above but if it wasn't then apologies - if it was the Hutton allowed himself to get dragged out of position, which if we are honest, he allows to happen quite often. He is easily the best RB in the country but if he has a flaw then for me it is that he often allows himself to get dragged inside which means the winger/LM that he is up against gets far too much space to pick his moment and the ball in that he wants.

Disagree about Hutton having to cover the CB's. Hearts had one player through the middle who was being covered by Weir, which left Cuellar to cover the runner.

The ONLY time that a full back should be leaving his position is if there isn't enough cover OR if the team (and that player in particular) are playing a man-marking system.

I would need to see the replay again to make sure that it was played out the way I think above but if it wasn't then apologies - if it was the Hutton allowed himself to get dragged out of position, which if we are honest, he allows to happen quite often. He is easily the best RB in the country but if he has a flaw then for me it is that he often allows himself to get dragged inside which means the winger/LM that he is up against gets far too much space to pick his moment and the ball in that he wants.

Like you I would need to see it again, but teh way I remember it, a Hearts player made a diagonal run behind the CB's between Hutton and Weir or Cuellar so Hutton tracked the player.

Has nobody yet picked up on the "up and under" football we are still playing?

When we keep the ball on the ground we at least look the part, but the amount of times (admittedly before Ferguson came on) we had the ball just out of our defence and just lumped it up the park in the hope that someone would latch onto it was ridiculous.

Nine times out of ten we gave posession away which resulted in another Hearts shot on goal.

If we are to do anything this season we MUST play the ball on the ground and keep posession, imo we do have the players to play football but to do that we need to give them the ball.

Hearts humiliated us on Saturday, I hope that gave Smithy and Co a wake up call, if not we'll be second fiddle to the 'tic again.....C'mon the 'Gers

that is a very good point. got sick of watching the long punt up the park. could been down to the ineptness of the midfield that we ended up playing like that.