[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 51'; Morelos 88') - 0 Kilmarnock

24 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We need to be patient with Yilmaz he is a young player who will need to adjust to the physicality of Scottish football and the park the bus.

I have a feeling Colak wont have many games where you'll think 'Colak played well today' but he will still score plenty of goals. He was a low risk low cost signing as a backup and I think its fair not to expect much more from him. Goals win games and we didnt have enough last season.

Tillman looks great in flashes, but runs out of steam. There is quite a bit of potential there, however I think both he and Lowry can play in the same team on days like yesterday. 

Lawrence i like the look of. That effort in the 1st half that hit the bar was brilliant. At times he looked like he really wanted the ball and tried to make things happen. Great ball into Colak for the goal. 

Matondo had a good cameo coming on as a sub. Could have been a bit more aggressive at times as the lad he was up against was tiring. Did well for the goal. 

Great to have Alfredo back, made an instant impact in terms of his presence. A few times a Kille defender had to nick the ball away from his feet before he could get the shot away. 

Other than getting ourselves in bother passing the ball about at the back we looked comfortable in defence. Not hard when the Kille Striker (Lafferty) spend most of the game as a space centre back for them. McLaughlin has a kicking error in him. Is very comfortable with the ball at his feet but is not quite Ronald Waterreus.

Davis was good for me, especially in the second half. Kept it all together.

Goldson and Sands is fine at the back. I actually like Sands at CB.

Sakala's exclusion makes it seem his time here is done. If so lets move him on, get a fee and bring in another striker. Doesn't need to be a #9 but a Mane/Jota(Liverpool one) type player who can play across the front 3. Not much to ask ;)

Also - there was a ten minute spell in the first half where we hit a few shots from outside the box and every one hit a killie defender, they had about 5 bodies in the middle of the box. Dreadful stuff.

Cheers i missed the game good to get a summary. 

16 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm avoiding the question because it is not relevant to anything I've said.

It leads from a misunderstanding of my original point.

I suspect that you've probably been guided down that path by the other fellow though.  So out of good will I will answer your original question anyway.  I did not witness either of the three of these players making league debuts.

Maybe you need to make your points in a way where they won;t be misconstrued.  This isnt the first time for you and it could derail the thread.

Onto your point.  Yilmaz didnt have a great first showing, that is for sure.  Looks lightweight and didn't offer any more than Barisic does.  However, am I concerned as you asked ?  No, it was his first appearance and nerves would be there for such a young guy.  Nothing to worry about after an hour.

I felt one of the reasons Lawrence had a much improved game from the Livvy game was because he was noticeably very often dropping deeper to collect the ball and drive at defenders.  I think he is much more effective doing that than simply holding his position and waiting for the ball.

9 minutes ago, craig said:

I felt one of the reasons Lawrence had a much improved game from the Livvy game was because he was noticeably very often dropping deeper to collect the ball and drive at defenders.  I think he is much more effective doing that than simply holding his position and waiting for the ball.

We need to remember this is the first time for many of this squad they will face the 'park the bus' week on week. It will take time for them to adjust and find thier best approach.