[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 51'; Morelos 88') - 0 Kilmarnock

A couple of points that occurred to me while watching the match yesterday.

Goldson playing out from the back is really starting to annoy me. He has been surprisingly good at this in the past. Every time that I see it now he just slows play down even further. Too many touches and he is getting caught out very often when strolling forward with the ball. I think the latter point might even be three matches in a row.

I'm a bit concerned about the contribution by Ridvan Yilmaz. What does he offer that we don't already get from Barisic? It's not even ninety minutes but I didn't see anything to suggest there might be more to come.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

A couple of points that occurred to me while watching the match yesterday.

Goldson playing out from the back is really starting to annoy me. He has been surprisingly good at this in the past. Every time that I see it now he just slows play down even further. Too many touches and he is getting caught out very often when strolling forward with the ball. I think the latter point might even be three matches in a row.

I'm a bit concerned about the contribution by Ridvan Yilmaz. What does he offer that we don't already get from Barisic? It's not even ninety minutes but I didn't see anything to suggest there might be more to come.

For a moment, I thought you were seriously assessing this new player on his first 60 minutes against a team that had little interest in getting over the half way line? 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

41 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

For a moment, I thought you were seriously assessing this new player on his first 60 minutes against a team that had little interest in getting over the half way line? 

Is that to say that you didn't see anything either?

29 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Is that to say that you didn't see anything either?

He did ok. No more or no less than Barasic but he has literally played about 60 minutes of league football. I wouldn't make rash judgements on that amount of game time. Do we ever learn? 

30 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

He did ok. No more or no less than Barasic but he has literally played about 60 minutes of league football. I wouldn't make rash judgements on that amount of game time. Do we ever learn? 

Who is making rash judgements?

10 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Nope.

I'm a bit concerned about the contribution by Ridvan Yilmaz. What does he offer that we don't already get from Barisic? It's not even ninety minutes but I didn't see anything to suggest there might be more to come.

You made these comments based on 60 minutes of SPL football. If that's not a rash judgement, then I don't know what is. Saying that, you also said John Souttar did not need time to settle in.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm a bit concerned about the contribution by Ridvan Yilmaz. What does he offer that we don't already get from Barisic? It's not even ninety minutes but I didn't see anything to suggest there might be more to come.

You made these comments based on 60 minutes of SPL football. If that's not a rash judgement, then I don't know what is. 

What's rash about it?

Any judgement made refers to the 60 minutes in question.

He didn't look great but I'm assuming the management team saw something worthwhile, otherwise they wouldn't have paid so much. 

I'll give him til the World Cup before making any serious judgement.