Club Statement | RIFC raise injunction proceedings in the US

43 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Park seems no better. 

An enigma. I get it he has a business to run and doesn't want to be in the limelight. As much as a figure like King has his faults our club needs a figurehead like him. Willing to stand up and be counted, a public 'face' of the club. We don't have that right now.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

It could be that a confidential out-of-court settlement has been reached.

Best to get it out of the way anyway and not having management time focusing on something time-consuming that's overseas.

Most of them were driven by King, were they not? His ego had a lot to answer for.

Yes, the US angle is simply a known unknown for us punters. Any agreement(s) will probably have an NDA attached, so the mystery may stay that way.

Regards Dave King, there was a couple of false dawn's regards the attempted uncoupling of the SD legacy issue. 

It looks to me as if he relished the challenge of taking on Ashely / SD and got his (our) fingers burnt. 

The new contract we signed with Ashley didn't do what we announced it would do. Ultimately, taking on the expensive Ashely legal juggernaut wasn't wise.

Even when we had a good morning in court (Justice Smith/London), King bigged it up with journalists at the lunchtime and the first thing Justice Smith said in the afternoon session was that King had been too hasty.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Park seems no better. 

I'd disagree but that said, he has also made his mistakes.

The first statement (league getting called early) that came out on a Saturday made claims that were difficult to fully justify (perception) and hence easier for SPFL executive to bat away.

Too much too soon.

41 minutes ago, buster. said:

Ultimately, taking on the expensive Ashely legal juggernaut wasn't wise.

Ashley gets away with far more than locking entities into unfavourable deals. He was hauled in front of a parliament committee about his horrendous employee treatment and basically laughed his way out of it. 

28 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Ashley gets away with far more than locking entities into unfavourable deals. He was hauled in front of a parliament committee about his horrendous employee treatment and basically laughed his way out of it. 

I agree, but what I referred to wasn't a legacy contract. It was a new agreement that was signed up to by the then board, with King at the head. 

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

She says 'I want to buy' but with someone else's money and likely someone else agenda. This type of method could allow anyone faceless to buy into the club.

It would end badly, perhaps very badly.