Academy Teams v Hibs

25 minutes ago, elfideldo said:

Rangers lost to Hibs at every age group from U13's through to U18's over the weekend.

U13's lost 6-4

U14's lost 4-2

U15's lost 5-2

U16's lost 2-1

U18's lost 2-0

But The Academy id fantastic apparently 

Elfideldo, what is your take on how things are going with Youth Development ?

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

Elfideldo, what is your take on how things are going with Youth Development ?

When very few players are progressing to pro contracts from the academy then it isn't working as it should. 

We had decent numbers till the last two years now only 4 or 5 are progressing to pro contracts.

2 minutes ago, elfideldo said:

When very few players are progressing to pro contracts from the academy then it isn't working as it should. 

We had decent numbers till the last two years now only 4 or 5 are progressing to pro contracts.

Thanks

Do you have any thoughts on why that may be ?

30 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's not about results, ?

I'm well aware results may not be the most important factor but it must be one of the measures used when assessing progress.

Otherwise what is the point of the games, why not just coach and play among yourselves.

If results don't matter then why the celebrations when be taste success in various tournaments ?

45 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's not about results, surely?

When you see nothing but defeats in so many age groups to Hibs, it flags up that something isn't quite right. Minimum that Hibs are ahead of us.

I'd imagine we are better resourced than Hibs academy.

Edited by buster.

13 hours ago, elfideldo said:

I'm well aware results may not be the most important factor but it must be one of the measures used when assessing progress.

Otherwise what is the point of the games, why not just coach and play among yourselves.

If results don't matter then why the celebrations when be taste success in various tournaments ?

Results don't concern me.

I'm more concerned by your other point about the lack of progression onto pro contracts. 

Not good viewing at all. Like others have said, results aren't overly important at these levels but they are an indicator of progression which, going by these results, isn't great.  Hopefully a one-off bad day as opposed to an increasing trend.