Netflix Documentary On FIFA Corruption

4 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Mediots abound. 

The corporate, compromised media, and the little piggies who slurp their slop.

The years may roll but the masses, will always be asses. 

The virtue signalling around the evils of Qatar will reach fever pitch by the time the first ball is kicked. You wont be able to see football for froth. Lineker will be in apoplectic overdrive. Qatar has its problems, that's for sure, but this world cup has become purely emblematic, a device of the left.

It can't be easy though. The Qataris are not Jewish but unlike the Palestinians Qatar is a rich and successful country so has to be fair game.

On 25/10/2022 at 19:21, ian1964 said:

I wonder if Bermuda will be represented in this, for good reasons, not corruption.  The Bermuda General Secretary and President at the time played a fairly significant role in uncovering this.  The General Secretary was "thrown a bung" by way of a brown envelope by one of Jack Warner's entourage at a concacaf meeting - General Secretary immediately gets the Bermuda FA President (an eminent lawyer in Bermuda) to come to his room and to inform him of what had just taken place.  The two of them reported it up the chain and, I believe, is what kickstarted the investigation.

The reason Warner wielded so much power is because Concacaf has 44 FIFA votes due to the caribbean islands and they always vote "en masse" which means Blatter could buy his way into remaining as FIFA President.....

Trinidad & Tobago has a stadium which I believe is named after Jack Warner.... no big deal you would think... .until you dig in and find out that the stadium, financed by FIFA, is actually OWNED by Warner.... FIFA were so poor with contracts that Warner managed to use FIFA money to pay for the stadium, and put the ownership in his own name.

This documentary will be a cracking watch hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2022 at 20:30, Bill said:

I don't understand all this criticism of Qatar. It's an excellent place to visit, just maybe not if you're a bleeding heart snowflake with the weight of the world on your shaky shoulders or a boozed up thug looking for a fight. If you're the former no one will give you a moment's notice and if you're looking for a fight then the Doha police will certainly accommodate you. Otherwise, great hotels, great roads, great restaurants, great climate, great stadiums, green grass, the lot.

I also don't understand why no one in the UK is capable of pronouncing the name of the country properly. The emphasis is all on the first 'a' not the second one.

But most of all I don't understand all this fuss about Qatar being selected to host the tournament. It seems to me nothing took place in this selection process that hasn't also taken place in every previous World Cup hosting process. The umbrage taken because the host isn't one of us and still openly practices institutional bribery and slavery seems completely over the top. 

I think the concerns of most fans who are unaffected by snowflake fever is the disruption to domestic competition - remember the reluctance to even having a short winter break in the PL or EFL - let alone this mega break.

Also, I feel It is really too late to challenge the modern slavery issue of this WC as it started immediately Qatar was announced with only occasional MSM interest and now the stadia and infrastructure are complete, its too late for Lineker, Neville etc to bang the drum as many people have already died under the kafala system producing the seats these rich bums will be planted on pontificating.

Edited by ChelseaBoy
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2022 at 12:21, craig said:

I wonder if Bermuda will be represented in this, for good reasons, not corruption.  The Bermuda General Secretary and President at the time played a fairly significant role in uncovering this.  The General Secretary was "thrown a bung" by way of a brown envelope by one of Jack Warner's entourage at a concacaf meeting - General Secretary immediately gets the Bermuda FA President (an eminent lawyer in Bermuda) to come to his room and to inform him of what had just taken place.  The two of them reported it up the chain and, I believe, is what kickstarted the investigation.

The reason Warner wielded so much power is because Concacaf has 44 FIFA votes due to the caribbean islands and they always vote "en masse" which means Blatter could buy his way into remaining as FIFA President.....

Trinidad & Tobago has a stadium which I believe is named after Jack Warner.... no big deal you would think... .until you dig in and find out that the stadium, financed by FIFA, is actually OWNED by Warner.... FIFA were so poor with contracts that Warner managed to use FIFA money to pay for the stadium, and put the ownership in his own name.

This documentary will be a cracking watch hopefully.

Interestingly, having watched the documentary.... there is a brief segment where we see David Will of the SFA being interviewed about the awarding of WC2022 to Qatar and David Will saying soemthing wasnt right at FIFA.... and whilst he is talking you see a black guy walk into camera view over Will's left shoulder (the right of your TV screen) - this was the Bermuda General Secretary (David Sabir is his name, very good guy, honest and genuine) that I mentioned above.

The documentary didnt really bring out a whole lot that wasnt already known.