• Scott Wright
    • Malik Tillman
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Fashion Sakala
    • Scott Arfield
    • Antonio Colak
    • Borna Barisic

I think only Ridvan Yilmaz and Allan McGregor can hold their heads high after that in terms of those who started.

The subs did a bit better than those they replaced but generally the performance was again low in quality right across the team/squad.

I've plumped for Yilmaz as his passing forward and not backing off wingers constantly was refreshing.

Leon King did ok, got caught under the ball for the 2nd and couldn't cover Davies for the first. But for a 18 year old up against a very decent side deserves a mention.

James Sands is never a midfielder in a million years.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I've plumped for Yilmaz as his passing forward and not backing off wingers constantly was refreshing.

Leon King did ok, got caught under the ball for the 2nd and couldn't cover Davies for the first. But for a 18 year old up against a very decent side deserves a mention.

James Sands is never a midfielder in a million years.

James Sands is a player we should never spend millions on.

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Whats the agreed price? Something like £4 million. Hetate and O'Reilly cost them about £3 million combined.

Don't know the exact number but anything more than 250K is too much.

edit

Naw, wouldn't pay a penny for him (fee or wage)

Not a player who adds much at all.

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I think only Ridvan Yilmaz and Allan McGregor can hold their heads high after that in terms of those who started.

The subs did a bit better than those they replaced but generally the performance was again low in quality right across the team/squad.

Agree with your ratings but I’d make a slight defence of Tillman. He won more duels than anyone else, 5/7 ground and 3/5 aerial. Also made 2 tackles, 6 recoveries and 2/3 successful dribbles, dispossessed 0.  If that doesn’t sound that impressive, you should see the rest, they are generally abysmal. King didn’t make a single tackle or have a single successful duel, and he’s a defender. Kent actually had a much better game than usual in terms of duels but still only won 1 in 3 ground duels and zero aerial, he was dispossessed 6 times. FotMob rated Tillman as our best player, and that’s purely based on stats so take it with a pinch of salt, but my point is that I think he has been a bit over-criticised. I thought he was ok. 

Edited by DMAA

31 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Agree with your ratings but I’d make a slight defence of Tillman. He won more duels than anyone else, 5/7 ground and 3/5 aerial. Also made 2 tackles, 6 recoveries and 2/3 successful dribbles, dispossessed 0.  If that doesn’t sound that impressive, you should see the rest, they are generally abysmal. King didn’t make a single tackle or have a single successful duel, and he’s a defender. Kent actually had a much better game than usual in terms of duels but still only won 1 in 3 ground duels and zero aerial, he was dispossessed 6 times. FotMob rated Tillman as our best player, and that’s purely based on stats so take it with a pinch of salt, but my point is that I think he has been a bit over-criticised. I thought he was ok. 

In many ways, I think asking a creative player like Tillman to do the hard yards defensively - winning tackles, tracking runs etc - is perhaps unfair but he's the very definition of a luxury player which is a gamble when a team is struggling to badly.

I'm more concerned with other senior players than him though.  Their attitude (on and off the pitch it seems) is woeful.