Time for Some Mild Criticism ââ?¬â?? to Rotate or Not to Rotate?

The paragrpah about Whittaker is bang on. He always wants to try fancy tricks when a simple pass would've kept possesion while counter attacking. His passing isn't great either and for a player who was brought up at Hibs and played under Mowbray who concentrated on a fluent passing game, Whittaker's basic skills are well below par.

Superbly written Frankie!

A few points:

The reason I say gentle is because despite a defeat against Hearts coupled with Saturday�s draw, we�re still joint top of the league and there is still a lot to be happy about regarding this season

Yeah said this on another thread that we still have a lot to be happy about as we are sitting pretty in all comps at the moment.

Nine Scottish players in our starting XI on Saturday is one such positive

Also mentioned this but whilst I do think this is good in certain things, I also thing we should be playing our best team regardless of nationality. I think Walter has an aim to play as much Scots as possible. But id take the Wenger approach of not giving a monkeys where a player is from.

Letââ?¬â?¢s start with the captain. Barry Ferguson is a great player ââ?¬â?? end of. Heââ?¬â?¢s shown it many, many times over the years and while the debate regarding his captaincy per se (and his off-the-field persona) may never end, his on-the-field contribution is usually good enough. This season it hasnââ?¬â?¢t been of the standard he can give. He has had some fine matches (notably Falkirk and Stuttgart) and when he is missing for whatever reason we do often struggle (ala Hearts). However, Iââ?¬â?¢d contend his inconsistency is affecting the whole team. This begs the question (again): is he fully fit?

Mr inconsistancy for me and his inconsistancy totally reflects on the teams results. I think its time to drop him in certain games anyway. I also cant agree that he is a "great" player. He has the ability to be! He isnt ever going to give us that creativity we are craving and i would move him to being the holding midfielder.

While Lee McCulloch has also done pretty well so far sometimes he really struggles to get into games. His work-rate and physical presence are invaluable

Yeah agreed, seemed to do better on the right side but he will always give 100%. I think his physical presence could be used upfront in games.

Mr inconsistancy for me and his inconsistancy totally reflects on the teams results. I think its time to drop him in certain games anyway. I also cant agree that he is a "great" player. He has the ability to be! He isnt ever going to give us that creativity we are craving and i would move him to being the holding midfielder.

Sorry if it seems im disagreeing with everything you say just now mate but im not having this.

I would say we have had 2 bad results this season, Hearts and Motherwell, other than that we are unbeaten. Ferguson didnt play the first half against Hearts and came on to change the game in our favour so thats 50% of our bad results away. He was poor on Saturday but was hardly helped by the players around him.

I think you are mad if you think we should drop him in certain games. Did you see the first 45 mins against Hearts?

Sorry if it seems im disagreeing with everything you say just now mate but im not having this.

I would say we have had 2 bad results this season, Hearts and Motherwell, other than that we are unbeaten. Ferguson didnt play the first half against Hearts and came on to change the game in our favour so thats 50% of our bad results away. He was poor on Saturday but was hardly helped by the players around him.

I think you are mad if you think we should drop him in certain games. Did you see the first 45 mins against Hearts?

No probs, thats why football is all about opinions.

My actual comments about Ferguson were looking at his Ranger career (since re-joining from Blackburn) rather than 6 games this season.

The games he should be dropped are for certain League cup games and SPL games were he has came out of a bad run or is carrying an injury. No player should have be immune to being dropped but BF seems to have this in his contract. If he is playing guff then its simple - take a break.

I've always thought that a certain amount of rotation SHOULD happen at a Club. Especially when we are involved in C.L. games as well as the League.

I don't see the point of having some guy sitting on the bench for 3 months only for him to be thrown into the side because of injury or suspension to somebody else. Players need time to fit in during real matches.

The Hearts game was a total mistake by Walter. Canny see him doing that again.

The Motherwell match, I just put down to an 'off day'.

I still have high hopes for the title. :)

I've always thought that a certain amount of rotation SHOULD happen at a Club. Especially when we are involved in C.L. games as well as the League.

I don't see the point of having some guy sitting on the bench for 3 months only for him to be thrown into the side because of injury or suspension to somebody else. Players need time to fit in during real matches.

The Hearts game was a total mistake by Walter. Canny see him doing that again.

The Motherwell match, I just put down to an 'off day'.

I still have high hopes for the title. :)

That is how I view the bad results so far. Although you have to couple the "off day" at Fir park with a superb performance from 'Well. At the minute it is ok to view tose perfromances for the one's off's they were (individually an error by the management team at Hearts and a "poor" day at the office on Saturday). Many more like that though, and we need to look deeper at the problem.

I still think were unlucky to a certain extent as we created a number of chances and Motherwell played decent,Stephen Hughes saving header for one.

On another day we'd have run out 2/3-1 winners. Of that I have no doubt. These things happen. To the good sides, it doesn't happen that often.

On another day we'd have run out 2/3-1 winners. Of that I have no doubt. These things happen. To the good sides, it doesn't happen that often.

Agreed,let's not forget we are doing a lot better than we were before WS came back and IMO we have the makings of a good side,remember they're still a new team :cheers: