Annual Report & Accounts 2022

As Bassey proved, a good 6 months is all it needs to for one of our players to become a target for richer clubs. Tillman, as a creative player, could easily command a fee similar to Bassey if he can develop his game. There's an argument he's not worth what Munich want for him currently, but the potential is there and with more games and good coaching he could become someone who is in demand. I'd also say King could be a target for English sides if he can continue his progress. Spending £6 or £7 million on a young player like King isn't a big deal for a lot of clubs down there. King isn't worth that now, but again the more he plays and improves the more chance it will happen. 

Strangely, for this model to succeed, it's really important that Paterson, Aribo and Bassey excel at their 'new' clubs. Even players who might leave for very little in the summer, if they are able to hold their own in terms of the overall quality of the new leagues they play in the more interest that will generate in our players. 

41 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Here is the thing though we have broken even with this revenue. despite paying back 15 million in loans, 6 million to SD etc. 

Where is this seasons money which must be even more?

Repaying loans has no impact on profitability.

5 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

How much is still outstanding?

It appears that all then loans outstanding at the end of the previous financial year have been repaid but new loans were received. £12.2m of loans were outstanding at the year-end, mostly from John Bennett.

I’m no accountant but whilst our revenue is excellent we are spending vast sums which could be better spent elsewhere. These SD figures should ensure we never see DK on the Rangers board ever again.

We have a first team squad which needs serious investment from where I have no idea. 
we have made minimal progress. 

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

we have made minimal progress. 

I'd say, as a club, we've made good progress and the board should be commended for the work they've done overall.

On the pitch, however...

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

On the pitch, however...

My point exactly. We won’t generate £86.6m again unless the team is successful on the park. At the moment that looks unlikely. Are we back to existing on directors loans again?