The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think he was worse than average 1st half. Sold a goal and missed a free header he should have scored. I was one of his biggest fans up until the start of this season but I think its time to move him on and get him off the wage bill. He has peaked as a player IMO.

We can't move him on if we don't have a buyer and even if we did find one, he doesn't have to go.

He'll either see out his contract and leave on a free or he'll sign an extension. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We can't move him on if we don't have a buyer and even if we did find one, he doesn't have to go.

He'll either see out his contract and leave on a free or he'll sign an extension. 

He will walk on a free and I've made my peace with it. I reckon he will end up in the MLS or middle east. I dont see him getting anywhere near a decent European League. 

12 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He will walk on a free and I've made my peace with it. I reckon he will end up in the MLS or middle east. I dont see him getting anywhere near a decent European League. 

Alternatively if MB and his staff can get Alfie back to his best, we have a £12-£15M striker on our hands.

However, we only paid £1M for him so if he leaves for nothing...... 

Was it Nice or Lille who offered 12-15M euros for him a couple of years ago? I can't believe we turned that down given how erratic his form, fitness & attitude were. All the talk about how we should be holding out for more, it was a low-ball offer, he'll be worth 30/40M in years to come.

Just another example of the poor decision making and squad mismanagement from those in charge.

Just now, CammyF said:

Dion Sanderson rumour gathering momentum, might be something in it. 

Interesting, not sure we are crying out for another centre back. Unless the rumours of Ben Davies wanting to go back down south as he hasn't settled in Glasgow are true. Supposedly he has a move lined up. 

Just now, ascender said:

Was it Nice or Lille who offered 12-15M euros for him a couple of years ago? I can't believe we turned that down given how erratic his form, fitness & attitude were. All the talk about how we should be holding out for more, it was a low-ball offer, he'll be worth 30/40M in years to come.

Just another example of the poor decision making and squad mismanagement from those in charge.

Lille, he was flying at the time to be fair i think but we could have brought in 3-4 with that money, 16 million Euro i think the Lille president confirmed on Talksport we knocked back. I think we as a club need to get into a mindset that if a good offer comes in for a player we sell regardless of form. No player is irreplaceable. 

We will take hits on the likes of Morelos, Kent and Kamara. Aribo, Patterson and Bassey were great examples of how we should do it. 

26 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Interesting, not sure we are crying out for another centre back. Unless the rumours of Ben Davies wanting to go back down south as he hasn't settled in Glasgow are true. Supposedly he has a move lined up. 

I think it's more down to Soutar and Helander not being reliable. 

On 02/01/2023 at 07:30, alexscottislegend said:

A Birmingham city fan I know tells me that Jude Bellingham's younger brother is rated even higher than his elder. Get him in on loan.

lol.  Hardly an unknown given he made his debut for Birmingham slightly older than Jude, and had been involved in matchday squads since he was 15.... and that Dortmund have already been sniffing around him I highly doubt we would have a great deal of chance in getting him.