The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

37 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I was having a wee chuckle at Aberdeen, when I saw our number.

Our xGA is only 14.8, but we've actually conceded 22. 

We need a 'keeper!

20230125_234111.thumb.jpg.d3a766e5b3e11815de3c6cea6aa9e543.jpg

I saw this thread on Twitter. Basically we have the worst goalkeeping performance in the league, which isn’t much of a surprise. But I was shocked that have faced less xG than Celtic. The area Celtic are massively outperforming us is chance creation and/or forward quality. Their xG is far higher than ours, which again is not surprising at all. They are also far more clinical with their chances. For the first time I remember we are actually 3 goals ahead of our xG, but I’ve had a look at our stats and of course it is purely down to Colak, who is miles ahead of his xG. Morelos is par for the course as usual. Arfield the only other player scoring significantly more than he should for the chances he gets (Celtic have 6 players doing that). 

Edited by DMAA

Morelos to Inter isn't as ridiculous as it first sounds. Italian club football isn't at the standard it once was, you could argue it's only the fifth strongest league in Europe now. Plus in recent years Scottish players have done relatively well in Serie A. Aaron Hickey and Liam Henderson both settled quickly and did well there, now Josh Doig and Lewis Ferguson have continued that trend. A fit, focussed Morelos would do well in that league and for a relatively small outlay he must be on a few Italian sides radar. 

28 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Hibs have agreed, or are seriously considering, a £2.3m bid from Millwall for Kevin Nisbet. 

I feel like that bid from us wouldn't get accepted.  

Their fans would lose the plot if they agreed to anything under £4m with us. The Rangers surcharge. 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

Morelos to Inter isn't as ridiculous as it first sounds. Italian club football isn't at the standard it once was, you could argue it's only the fifth strongest league in Europe now. Plus in recent years Scottish players have done relatively well in Serie A. Aaron Hickey and Liam Henderson both settled quickly and did well there, now Josh Doig and Lewis Ferguson have continued that trend. A fit, focussed Morelos would do well in that league and for a relatively small outlay he must be on a few Italian sides radar. 

Agreed, 

Fit and Focused....... what percentage of the time have we we had Morelos fit and focused or can actually be bothered ? He has shown over a long period of time to be a poor and selfish professional with positive bursts.

An Italian side, maybe but not at the level of Inter Milan unless they have major financial issues and are  majorly downsizing. More likely a Verona or Bologna, who seem to have been watching the SPFL.

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

you could argue it's only the fifth strongest league in Europe now

I’ve had a look at their coefficient performance. They are in 4th, well clear of France and with no signs of that changing. Germany have a good lead over them but they’ve been neck and neck the past few seasons (presumably with Dortmund falling away). On another note, the Serie A is one of the most entertaintaining leagues in Europe in terms of unpredictability. Most others are dominated by a small number of teams. 

45 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Hibs have agreed, or are seriously considering, a £2.3m bid from Millwall for Kevin Nisbet. 

I feel like that bid from us wouldn't get accepted.  

It is quite normal that a team would prefer to sell to another team outwith the league in which they operate themselves.

Put the violin away.

17 hours ago, craig said:

Yeah, I thought that might be what you were getting at mate.  That being the case it is actually really sensible (IMO) to do it this way - the players can, in essence, get an extra 10k per week if they let their contract run out, save the club 2 mill in sell on fees, and sign a 4 yr deal.

Makes sense to me.  The obvious issue is that there are no guarantees they will sign on

It's what we did with Goldson. 

we had to pay a million quid if we extended his contract. Essentially we split it with him and retained the player. 

17 hours ago, craig said:

Yeah, I thought that might be what you were getting at mate.  That being the case it is actually really sensible (IMO) to do it this way - the players can, in essence, get an extra 10k per week if they let their contract run out, save the club 2 mill in sell on fees, and sign a 4 yr deal.

Makes sense to me.  The obvious issue is that there are no guarantees they will sign on

21 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

It's what we did with Goldson. 

we had to pay a million quid if we extended his contract. Essentially we split it with him and retained the player. 

Am I understanding the above properly ?

We paid CG a large sum of money that comes from splitting monies that don't currently exist and it is questionable if they ever will.

Hopefully you can correct me.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Am I understanding the above properly ?

We paid CG a large sum of money that comes from splitting monies that don't currently exist and it is questionable if they ever will.

Hopefully you can correct me.

we had 2 choices once he was staying. Extend his contract and pay a million to Brighton. Let it expire and re sign him. 

we did that and he got a pay rise and we were no worse off.