The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yeah but ultimately we have to be self sustainable anyway. The director loans need to stop. We need to focus on Europe progress and player trading to balance the books and fund anything. I dont think this watch list is a concern given our recent accounts trajectory.

It's worth bearing in mind that owners of clubs have considerably more leeway in FFP terms when it comes to supporting clubs' income stream.

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yes due to board support during covid. This has passed and we should be fine moving forward.

Especially as we have sold 45 millions worth of players and managers since then.

Happy to be corrected if that’s wrong.

Moving forward, we had better find some players to flog for decent money or we will continue to record losses.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That’s always going to be the case for us in this backwater of a league.

Our finances have been improving but the real issue is that we are way behind the other side of the city.

In a 2 horse race, that is a difficult hurdle to get over year on year.

We will depend on excellent recruitment, excellent academy progression, ongoing functiong player trading model and excellent managerial appointments.

Or hope they re-appoint Lennon

17 minutes ago, buster. said:

Our finances have been improving but the real issue is that we are way behind the other side of the city.

In a 2 horse race, that is a difficult hurdle to get over year on year.

We will depend on excellent recruitment, excellent academy progression, ongoing functiong player trading model and excellent managerial appointments.

Or hope they re-appoint Lennon 

I doubt these shareholders will take us to the promised land of domestic dominance and financial security but they probably will keep our head above water. 

The major investment required to go beyond survival will mean new shareholders and all the risk that comes with them. I imagine the current owners are busy trying to find our saviours and their exit route. Whatever happens I think the current board have done a very good and desperately needed job, albeit with some frustration for an impatient support.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

I doubt these shareholders will take us to the promised land of domestic dominance and financial security but they probably will keep our head above water. 

The major investment required to go beyond survival will mean new shareholders and all the risk that comes with them. I imagine the current owners are busy trying to find our saviours and their exit route. Whatever happens I think the current board have done a very good and desperately needed job, albeit with some frustration for an impatient support.

I doubt new generous shareholders with very deep pockets exist, where the risks do not outweigh any short term headlines or promises.

They have had many opportunities in the past decade to come forth.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Blue is the colour and its the colours of Godolphin the race business run by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Al Maktoum Middle East money is diversifying into other sports so get someone to smooch up to the Arabs and he also has a Scottish connection with a huge estate at Wester Ross .

mon the Ragheads 

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I doubt new generous shareholders with very deep pockets exist, where the risks do not outweigh any short term headlines or promises.

They have had many opportunities in the past decade to come forth.

You may well be right. It's hard to see the attraction for the mega rich, in which case we are where we are and here's where we stay.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Blue is the colour and its the colours of Godolphin the race business run by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Al Maktoum Middle East money is diversifying into other sports so get someone to smooch up to the Arabs and he also has a Scottish connection with a huge estate at Wester Ross .

mon the Ragheads 

No thanks. I'd far rather Rangers were ran properly, with some level of fan involvement than become yet another plaything, a soulless shell of a club, like some of those in the EPL.

54 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

No thanks. I'd far rather Rangers were ran properly, with some level of fan involvement than become yet another plaything, a soulless shell of a club, like some of those in the EPL.

Indeed. It makes a complete mockery of ffp when a business that a club owner has can inject a massive amount of capital via something innocuous like stadium naming rights or a random crypto partnership like Mbappe mysteriously got around the same time he signed his new psg deal. As with everything it’s one rule for the haves and another for the have nots.