'Keep Ryan Kent, but Rangers would be CRAZY to even consider a new contract for Alfredo Morelos', says Kris Boyd

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Things can change quickly in football.  Bad squad management can turn into good squad management if results and performances improve, as well as less of a queue for the treatment room.

It's very much a let's wait and see situation. 

Unfortunately, I think the 9 point gap is too much.  There's no way the scum will drop that many points.

No, it can't.

Squad management (putting together a group of players for the season ahead) is different to managing the existing group of players. At least, that is what I mean when I use the term. 

Yes, of course a new manager can have an instant impact and I'd expect us to get that bounce. Just as the same or similar group of players responded to Gio. The question now is, how long does it last?

The January window tends to be used with the following season in mind. At least it was when Beale was at the club, under Gerrard (ie. squad mgmt opposed to instant impact). This upcoming window may look a little different as we need an instant impact but I think a squad rebuild/transition/overhaul will be done over the next two windows, with the emphasis being in the summer. Especially the Bosman market, some of whom may be available in January for a reduced fee.