Club Statement: Douglas Park steps down as chairman

42 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The way some folk are carrying on, what rich Rangers man would want to get involved.

Running the club will have its benefits but must also be a constant source of frustration - a 'no win' situation in a lot of ways.  

Yeah, I wonder if that's partly why Park stepped away now, as well as not wanting the bother of hearing the complaints after Saturday's game, and also not wanting to have to rub shoulders with them this weekend?

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

The dream was to be owned by Rangers fans who only wanted what's best for the club and who were willing to stick millions in. We've got that and many are still not happy. 

If there were other bears willing to invest, do people not think they'd have come forward during the last 15 years? 

Park has been referred to as a clown and a tyrant 🤦‍♂️

I despair. If many fans carry on as they are they will get the chance that they're calling for and they won't like it!

That says it for me. It seems memories are fickle and short.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The way some folk are carrying on, what rich Rangers man would want to get involved.

Running the club will have its benefits but must also be a constant source of frustration - a 'no win' situation in a lot of ways.  

I think at the core of this deranged frustration is an inability to accept anything but "winning" night and day, all the time, year after year. I get the feeling there is a section of our support who are only here to celebrate winning and have no interest in anything else, certainly not the process of rebuilding a club that was brutalised by all and sundry. There's absolutely no patience and no question of forgiving the mistakes of honest men.

I see admirable qualities in those who shoulder the burden of rebuilding Rangers and despite occasionally disagreeing with some decisions, I'm profoundly grateful for what they do. Perhaps we should be reflecting more often on where we could have been without them. Instead of endlessly carping, perhaps the likes of Union Bears and Club1872 might like to make a statement of thanks to our shareholders and directors for what they've done of our club - because at the moment these groups are coming across as shallow ingrates.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

The dream was to be owned by Rangers fans who only wanted what's best for the club and who were willing to stick millions in. We've got that and many are still not happy. 

If there were other bears willing to invest, do people not think they'd have come forward during the last 15 years? 

Park has been referred to as a clown and a tyrant 🤦‍♂️

I despair. If many fans carry on as they are they will get the chance that they're calling for and they won't like it!

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

There is little that is attractive or enticing for an intelligent and rational person in being at the sharp end in either the club's boardroom or for that matter, in large fans representative groups.

The level of pressure comes from what have become almost impossible remits. 

Rangers men have come forward with loads of their cash but they might as well be throwing it into a fire. Eventually, they move on and there isn't a long queue to follow.

Investors have come and gone with their financial hopes/visions and/or wishes for fame and the only ones to make money that I can remember were the crooked bastards who were around between 2011 and 2015, hollowing us out.

Generally, we don't employ our brains (some plainly haven't got one) around these issues.

The way we are going, there will be more crooked bastards paying attention to events at Ibrox and be in no doubt, that the bulk of our support would fall hook, line and sinker for it AGAIN.

Even some Rangers men in Polis Alba managed to completely fcuk up investigations and send the spivs another even larger payday.

The current board are more or less as good as it gets for Rangers playing in Scottish football. 

Scottish football is going to get less and less relevant. 

The only thing that I can see changing the general direction is a favourable restructuring of Domestic/European football. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

The only thing that I can see changing the general direction is a favourable restructuring of Domestic/European football. 

There is also the possibillity of a British football pyramid in the future.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

There is little that is attractive or enticing for an intelligent and rational person in being at the sharp end in either the club's boardroom or for that matter, in large fans representative groups.

The level of pressure comes from what have become almost impossible remits. 

Rangers men have come forward with loads of their cash but they might as well be throwing it into a fire. Eventually, they move on and there isn't a long queue to follow.

Investors have come and gone with their financial hopes/visions and/or wishes for fame and the only ones to make money that I can remember were the crooked bastards who were around between 2011 and 2015, hollowing us out.

Generally, we don't employ our brains (some plainly haven't got one) around these issues.

The way we are going, there will be more crooked bastards paying attention to events at Ibrox and be in no doubt, that the bulk of our support would fall hook, line and sinker for it AGAIN.

Even some Rangers men in Polis Alba managed to completely fcuk up investigations and send the spivs another even larger payday.

The current board are more or less as good as it gets for Rangers playing in Scottish football. 

The less you post, the more you post. 

That's as good a summary as could be written. There is no magic bullet for Rangers and trying to dismantle everything in pursuit of a futile dream is only going to undo the progress we've made. Recovery from the abyss of 2011/12 was always going to be a long term process, get used to it.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Didn't one fellow get a loan repaid with interest?

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Not really true though, is it?

See the impact of improved european performances.

28 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Didn't one fellow get a loan repaid with interest?

There have been some loans from the directors that had interest. 

If the directors/investors have maxed out the investments that they're willing to make (and it's that which Buster was referring to with his "throwing it into a fire" comment) and the club need short term finance then they can either go to a bank or see if any of the directors are willing to lend the cash with interest attached.