Gersnet Main Site

It's been on my mind for some time but, since I only really use Gersnet forums, the content of the main Gersnet site has never been of that much interest to me.

That said, I can't help feeling it has deteriorated sharply in recent times. There used to be the wonderful facility to research past matches going back decades, or check details of current players, but that all seems to have gone. Player ratings (whatever that was) was introduced and then seemingly abandoned after a few weeks. I'd hazard that the site seems to have lost its way and it's hard to understand where it's going or what it's meant to offer. It's a shame to see it like this when so much more could be made of it. 

It’s fine for my purposes. I don’t know anything about the mechanics of running a site like this. I assume a lot of unpaid work is involved.

I look elsewhere sometimes. I don’t see better overall.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

It’s fine for my purposes. I don’t know anything about the mechanics of running a site like this. I assume a lot of unpaid work is involved.

I look elsewhere sometimes. I don’t see better overall.

You have the advantage there, I never look elsewhere so my comment was based only on the changes I've seen here. Out of interest, what other sites have you been using?

42 minutes ago, Bill said:

what other sites have you been using?

“Using” is too strong a word. The occasional squint at FF - sometimes there’s a pearl to be found amongst the swine. A chap, Mo trux blu or something, does really good bios of players in the 50s and 60s and there’s a good old photos thread.

RM in the very distant past.

London Hearts is really good.

Stand Free for a few days post Darvel.

Some English teams for information.

Gersnet discussions are outstandingly the best.

Just now, compo said:

London Hearts is that the one that gives results from the past 

Teams, scorers, attendances, peculiar records such as how many times Willie Bauld put on his left boot before his right.

That last is a lie, btw. Believe it or not, good stuff on the Hiberenians as well.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

“Using” is too strong a word. The occasional squint at FF - sometimes there’s a pearl to be found amongst the swine. A chap, Mo trux blu or something, does really good bios of players in the 50s and 60s and there’s a good old photos thread.

RM in the very distant past.

London Hearts is really good.

Stand Free for a few days post Darvel.

Some English teams for information.

Gersnet discussions are outstandingly the best.

I might be in a minority but why would I want to visit Hearts or Aberdeen websites? My interest is purely Rangers and I've already excluded Gersnet forums from any criticism. All I'm saying is it's a pity the Gersnet main site used to offer excellent information but now offers the square root of zip. Is it unreasonable to think an established Rangers website like Gersnet might offer items of interest on Rangers - it used to so why abandon it?

2 hours ago, compo said:

London Hearts is that the one that gives results from the past 

It's an excellent facility right enough. The sort of thing it should be possible to find about Rangers, here or elsewhere.