New 'Gers fan planning a trip to Ibrox next season

New 'gers fan based out of Atlanta, Ga.  It's a long story of how I became a fan this year but I am in with a couple of my mates, we did boo Giorgos Giakoumakis when he made his first start for ATLUTD.

We are planning on flying to Glasgow next year to catch a game and none of us have been before.  Coming from the States its pretty easy to pick up a ticket day of game, how does it work for Ranger?  Is the only place to get the tickets through the official resale site?

Ideally we want to come for old firm, but understand that those tickets are impossible, but are they?  What other opponent would people recommend just so we don't come all the way there for a half empty stadium and a 5-0 win.  We are very flexible on the timing if we plan it far enough out.

Either way, I wish my first season as a rangers fan had better results but I'm glad to be part of the community. 

The best matches for atmosphere would be Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen or next season, a cup-tie. Sometimes lower league clubs can suddenly find followers who want to come to Ibrox. The Partick Thistle game this season is an example.

Maybe someone else can answer your other questions.

• Frankie changed the title to New 'Gers fan planning a trip to Ibrox next season

You can get a ticket for most games by keeping an eye on the official site. The day before the game is a good time to check as fans resell their season books back to the club for games they can't make.

Old Firm tickets are much rarer but I've seen some for sale outside the stadium on matchday so you might get lucky - you'd be very lucky to get two together though.

Welcome to the club and to the site!

I hope you end up feeling confident enough to take part in our discussions soon.

The club normally put tickets on sale 3-4 weeks before a game, I believe, but there's also the resale site called Seatsub where unused season tickets go on sale.

Most league games will end up being fairly full, although the atmosphere can vary.

The old firm games are next to impossible to  get tickets for, unfortunately.

Please feel free to reach out by DM through the site if you have any specific questions or need any advice or help.

On 18/04/2023 at 19:23, kenwicks said:

New 'gers fan based out of Atlanta, Ga.  It's a long story of how I became a fan this year but I am in with a couple of my mates, we did boo Giorgos Giakoumakis when he made his first start for ATLUTD.

We are planning on flying to Glasgow next year to catch a game and none of us have been before.  Coming from the States its pretty easy to pick up a ticket day of game, how does it work for Ranger?  Is the only place to get the tickets through the official resale site?

Ideally we want to come for old firm, but understand that those tickets are impossible, but are they?  What other opponent would people recommend just so we don't come all the way there for a half empty stadium and a 5-0 win.  We are very flexible on the timing if we plan it far enough out.

Either way, I wish my first season as a rangers fan had better results but I'm glad to be part of the community. 

Put in a request via the ticket thread on here or via PM. With sufficient notice 3 together shouldn't be an issue for practically any Ibrox game. Old Firm naturally harder than most but not impossible.

I'm American as well, currently based out of Arkansas. I have been to a few games over the years.

-If you wanna fly in the day before I would strongly suggest you come to a game where you are fairly certain you can acquire a ticket.

I think of the 50K seats in the stadium, 45K are controlled by season ticket holders. That puts about ~5K/game on the open market. Not always the case, but plan for that. 

As you can guess, going to see Rangers, especially on short notice is definitely a 'get in where you fit in' kinda thing. 

-I prefer October--because of work--plus it rains like pourin piss out of a boot, so easier ticket (no one likes to get dumped on...even Scots)--far enough in the season where there is hope, yet multiple games still on the sched (League, Domestic cups, Europe). You want to maximize YOUR options.

-However, if I could, I would wait until NOWish as generally the season is wrapped up (either way) and people are willing to part with tickets. This is not always the case, but in my time following the team, this has been so, predominantly.

-There are boards, services (not recommended), the booth, and finally folks scalping pre-game(you will pay). In short, if you really want a ticket you can get one...generally.

You gotta do the tour though. You can't go to Ibrox and NOT do the tour. That place is a museum with a football pitch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice, the Ibrox tour is 100% on the list of things to do.  Ive been following along this season and i would have hoped that the season ended better but it is what it is.  Im excited to see what the moves are this summer, hopefully Beale can get what we need.