Just put MUTV on and they are showing a re-run of the CL game against us back in 2003.

Our line up that night was:

Stefan Klos

Michael Ball

Henning Berg

Zurab Khizanishvili

Craig Moore

Paolo Vanoli

Mikel Arteta

Stephen Hughes

Shota Arveladze

Peter Lovenkrands

Michael Mols

Substitutes

Allan McGregor

Andrew Dowie

Maurice Ross

Chris Burke

Moises Emerson

Nuno Capucho

Egil Ostenstad

I was surprised to see McGregor was on the bench, but talk about a light weight midfield!! Only Hughes and Arteta, and Hughes can be blown over with a sneeze.

Out of that team who would people take now for our squad?

Id take Klos, Ball, Arteta, and Lovenkrands. If they were still young and fit then Mols and Shota but thats it.

That's a pretty pish team with the exception of Arteta, Lovenkrands, Arveladze and maybe Zurab. Thing is though, they were never played in their best positions. Lovenkrands and Arveladze were deployed as wingers when their natural positions are through the middle. I remember Eck played Zurab in midfield along with Boab '***' Malcolm against Auxerre. We were royally pumped that game!

How shite is the subs bench?

Same as you minus Ball, he's no better than was we have.

I always rated Ball. He was unlucky with an injury but he wasnt a bad player. Had he had a better run in a better side we would have seen a lot better from him.

Same as you minus Ball, he's no better than was we have.

Yeah i agree, IMO one of the most disapointing signings i can remember, i was over the moon when we signed him right on the deadline.

Ball was terrible,

Lovenkrands was inconsistent and didn't give 100% as well as greedy,

Klos is probably past it now and so no better than MacGregor,

Arveladze was fantastic for Alkmaar when he left and we should have kept him and played him in the middle but is probably past it now.

I think Arteta has matured and would play far better with a more robust midfield - say Ferguson and as he was lightweight himself. Never quite settled at Rangers though.

A pre-injury Mols would be fantastic but he went downhill rapidly.

At their peak I'd take Klos, Berg, Arteta, Shota and Mols. Maybe Lovenkrands if he gave a lot more commitment and the same for Moore. The latter two would also need an ego bypass...

I thought Ball was one of our worst signings of all time. What a waste of 6M when we could have had Numan for a couple more seasons instead had we not insulted him with such a huge wage cut.

Vanoli and Hughs were also never anywhere near good enough to play against Man U.

I thought Ball was one of our worst signings of all time. What a waste of 6M when we could have had Numan for a couple more seasons instead had we not insulted him with such a huge wage cut.

Vanoli and Hughs were also never anywhere near good enough to play against Man U.

Yeah the 6 million price tag doesnt do him any favours but IMO he the right player at the wrong time.

He wasnt near Numans quality but to think how many LB's we went through over the years after that!! If Ball never got his injury im sure he would have been better.