Mateusz Zukowski returns

8 hours ago, pete said:

To be fair, he only got 2 games where he got some minutes for Lech Poznan

He represented Poland 24 times at u21 and younger, so someone thought he had abilities at least on a par with his peers in Poland. Presumably, someone at Rangers also thought the guy had ability or why sign him. The issue here is what went wrong and why. There's no doubt he has lost his way and it may or may not be recoverable but, since none of us appears to know what actually went on, I see no reason to believe MB shouldn't try. 

14 hours ago, Bill said:

He represented Poland 24 times at u21 and younger, so someone thought he had abilities at least on a par with his peers in Poland. Presumably, someone at Rangers also thought the guy had ability or why sign him. The issue here is what went wrong and why. There's no doubt he has lost his way and it may or may not be recoverable but, since none of us appears to know what actually went on, I see no reason to believe MB shouldn't try. 

All sport is a base on ability and confidence. You can have the ability but if you don't have the confidence to promote your ability then you're axed.

My view is that he's a reasonable player but the club saw that Devine had progressed and he was the one to be back-up rather than Zukowski on the basis that he's home-grown, younger and therefore had more potential.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

My view is that he's a reasonable player but the club saw that Devine had progressed and he was the one to be back-up rather than Zukowski on the basis that he's home-grown, younger and therefore had more potential.

From what I’ve seen of him,Devine is competent, nothing more. He’s no Nathan Paterson. We need better but no idea how good Zukowski is

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

From what I’ve seen of him,Devine is competent, nothing more. He’s no Nathan Paterson. We need better but no idea how good Zukowski is

That's probably why we're meant to be signing Sterling.

10 hours ago, pete said:

All sport is a base on ability and confidence. You can have the ability but if you don't have the confidence to promote your ability then you're axed.

Let me take a wild and equally profound guess - Chapter 2 will tell us that you can have the confidence but if you don't have the ability then you're also axed. 😉🤣

On 25/05/2023 at 13:10, Bill said:

Let me take a wild and equally profound guess - Chapter 2 will tell us that you can have the confidence but if you don't have the ability then you're also axed. 😉🤣

That is maybe called bluffing it.