B Team Players To Leave

No real surprises.

Kai Kennedy looked like he was destined for great things at one time, but during his spells out on loan he's simply not kicked on. He should still have a career in football at Championship/League 1 level, but can't help but feel it couldn't have been more. 

Likewise with Charlie Lindsay, he was (may still be) the youngest ever player for Glentoran. He's another I thought had a real chance at one time. It must be hard for these players, even if it wasn't a surprise. I can't imagine being that age and being told you're not good enough to do the thing you've always assumed you would do. 

17 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I can't imagine being that age and being told you're not good enough to do the thing you've always assumed you would do. 

This happened to my cousin who was "released" by Sandy Jardine at Hearts. He emigrated to Australia, set up his own business and continued to coach youngsters. 

7 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Hopefully one of these kids goes out and does something truly great in the world. 

Cause kickin a ball for a livin isn't one of them.

It sort of is, when you're loved and admired by thousands or even millions of people around the globe.

Even if someone doesn't cut the mustard at Rangers, there'll be plenty of opportunities elsewhere (not many clubs go into disaster mode after dropping two points, like we do).

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It sort of is, when you're loved and admired by thousands or even millions of people around the globe.

Not tryin to pick a fight with ya Gonzo. You're a good egg.

But...

It is my opinion that your average elementary school teacher exhibits more greatness in a lifetime.

Thousands of children over a career, taught to write their name, read, do math.

A direct, measurable impact on lives.

Weigh the two in your mind...reading, writing, math...or kickin a ball?

Three former, absolutely essential.

The last a frivolous luxury permitted through the greatness of others. 

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

not many clubs go into disaster mode after dropping two points, like we do.

I confess to the offense your honor. :D