1st Celtic game ticket allocation proposal

From the Sun (I know) - Rangers proposal.

COME AWAY IN 
Rangers ready to make Celtic fans away ticket offer and end Old Firm lockout

Andy Devlin
Published: 22:30, 5 Jul 2023
Updated: 22:53, 5 Jul 2023

RANGERS are ready to end Old Firm away fan lockouts by extending an olive branch to Celtic.

SunSport can reveal the Light Blues are preparing to offer their Glasgow rivals 700 tickets for the first derby of the new season.

The match is scheduled to take place at Ibrox on September 3, with Rangers making the first move in a bid to find a resolution to the ‘no away fans’ stand-off.

Back in May, new Rangers chief executive James Bisgrove admitted there was still “a long way to go” in the allocation row which has rumbled on since 2018.

But it’s understood Gers are now willing to welcome Hoops supporters back to Ibrox.

Celtic had been accustomed to occupying the entire Broomloan Road end until their allocation was slashed in line with other Premiership teams.

The Parkhead club responded in kind by cutting Gers’ seating space at Celtic Park.

The saga took another twist for the final two Old Firm matches of last season, with no away fans admitted at all.

But talks between both clubs have since taken place, with Rangers now in a position to offer Celtic 700 briefs.

It’s understood that number can’t be increased due to the tickets already sold to home fans.

I reckon Celtic tried to pressure us into giving them the whole Broomloan by giving us nothing for the last set of games last season. They can see the advantage that they get from that compared to our fans being stuck out of sight, with obstructed view at Parkhead. Their fans will probably be pressuring their board to get the full allocation too.

As we're first this time, we can just go down the route of the 700 and it's now up to them whether they accept it or not. Whether it's 700 or nil, whatever's decided will probably end up being the norm.

I know I am in the minority here, but I would like to go back to a much larger allocation, that hostile atmosphere is unique and what gives our game an international focus. I understand that the allocations have been unfair in the positioning, but that could be fixed if both parties had the desire to do so.

Of course both parties do not have the desire to do so, as they are under pressure from vocal hard-line sections of the support which would rather be staunch than seeing the bigger picture of what this game means to our world-wide appeal and therefore finances.

However giving them the wee corner while we get an out of sight section of the piggery is not right. If we are giving them 700 tickets, it should be in the far corner of the club deck where the tv cameras dont see them.

23 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I know I am in the minority here, but I would like to go back to a much larger allocation, that hostile atmosphere is unique and what gives our game an international focus. I understand that the allocations have been unfair in the positioning, but that could be fixed if both parties had the desire to do so.

Of course both parties do not have the desire to do so, as they are under pressure from vocal hard-line sections of the support which would rather be staunch than seeing the bigger picture of what this game means to our world-wide appeal and therefore finances.

However giving them the wee corner while we get an out of sight section of the piggery is not right. If we are giving them 700 tickets, it should be in the far corner of the club deck where the tv cameras dont see them.

They can stand on the grassy knoll outside 

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Ideally we would do that for sets of fans. However it would create more security issues in regards getting in and out of the stadium, but if that could be overcome then we should definitely look at it.