Premier League 2023/24

16 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I don’t see a Leicester in that field. They’re all pedigree runners. Even ‘Spurs and Villa.

Everton clawing their way up the Table. Should play all games away from Goodison. I suppose they’ll be doing that soon.

Spurs will probably hit a bump soon, if they lose Van der Ven at the back or Maddison they wouldnt have any replacements which is the difference between them and the rest. But they will still have a good season and I think they will be close to 4th points wise. 

Im sticking with Villa for 4th they have better depth than most, they lost two key players early in the season and havent missed them. Plus Emery has to be one of the best "coaches" in the league. 

Liverpool have their mojo back but are still lacking something that is tricky to nail. 

Some big games for certain teams this weekend. Man Utds players will tell everyone they arent with the manager if they dont respond at Fulham. 

The game at Goodison is quite tasty, Everton starting to get the odd result and they will stay up no problem this season as they are easily better then the bottom 4. Brighton being in the Europa is testing them a bit and are having the odd off day that they didnt have last season so its a tough one to call. And Sheff Utd have to win at some point. 

Im going for:

Fulham 0-1 Man Utd

Brentford 0-2 West Ham

Burnley 0-0 Crystal Palace

Everton 1-1 Brighton

Man City 5-0 Bournemouth

Sheff Utd 1-0 Wolves

Newcastle 3-2 Arsenal

Nottm Forest 0-2 Aston Villa

Luton 0-4 Liverpool

Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

I agree with all of that except Everton and Newcastle. Everton storming on the road but not so good at Goodison and Mags v Arsenal impossible to predict the result never mind the score. Could be 4-0, could be 1-4. It’s a match I would like to be at.

An odd game at Goodison the toffees only had 20% possession yet led for most of the game until an own goal then at Newcastle it took over four minutes to agree a VAR decision city are back on top 

Im quite happy with 5 out of 7 predictions including 2 correct scores. 

That Newcastle goal though - you could make an episode of CSI with that - 4 investigations:

1) Was the ball out - looked 100% out. Ever since that Japan goal in the World cup where they claimed the full circumference of the ball wasnt out these are getting very lenient. 

2) Push on Gabriel - Looked a clear push and therefore foul.

3) Handball off Joelinton leading to a goal - Not sure if they officially looked at this but there was talk about it. I havent seen enough replays of this one enough times yet but I dont think it looked like it.

4) Gordon offside - clear offside as the ball comes off Joelinton who is ahead of Raya.

Havertz (Horrendous sliding assault) and Bruno G (elbow to Jorginho) should both have seen straight reds.  

Edited by Gribz

5 hours ago, Gribz said:

Im quite happy with 5 out of 7 predictions including 2 correct scores. 

That Newcastle goal though - you could make an episode of CSI with that - 4 investigations:

1) Was the ball out - looked 100% out. Ever since that Japan goal in the World cup where they claimed the full circumference of the ball wasnt out these are getting very lenient. 

2) Push on Gabriel - Looked a clear push and therefore foul.

3) Handball off Joelinton leading to a goal - Not sure if they officially looked at this but there was talk about it. I havent seen enough replays of this one enough times yet but I dont think it looked like it.

4) Gordon offside - clear offside as the ball comes off Joelinton who is ahead of Raya.

Havertz (Horrendous sliding assault) and Bruno G (elbow to Jorginho) should both have seen straight reds.  

Blinking hammers let me down for a nice accumulator I had Palace , United Newcastle and the Hammers 😁

2 hours ago, compo said:

Blinking hammers let me down for a nice accumulator I had Palace , United Newcastle and the Hammers 😁

Thats harsh. After going 2-1 up Antonio screwed up for 3-1 which would have wrapped it up. But thats 3 league defeats in a row and Moyes is going backwards again, he really can be up there with the most frustrating of managers.