Player Impressions

I just want to go through our squad and pick out a few players (mostly Smiths buys) who have made a impression on me this season - good or bad.

Firstly Im going to start with our keeper Allan McGregor. I was screaming for a new experienced keeper to come in during the summer as I didnt see McGregor as good enough for our No.1. However slowly but surely he is 1 player who is beginning to win over me a bit. He is improving as a keeper. He is no way a Goram or Klos and he still has a few things in his game to sort out but he is pulling of fine saves week in week out.

Id still take a experienced keeper but its not such a issue now with AM improving.

Steven Whittaker - He is one player who Im baffled about. I can easily think where his fee could have went to other than on him. Hopefully we dont see him on the right of midfield too often again.

Kevin Thomson - Again he is another who still has to win over me. He has had a handful of good games here and there but I find him ineffective in games. He only plays well when Ferguson is tucked in beside him. Hemdani is in a different league to him.

Amdy Faye - When he signed I thought he would be good back up and his premiership experience will see him in good stead. Holy shit! He has made 2 x 45 mins appearances and looks about as much as a footballer as Terry Wogan. If there is a defence for him, he has been thrown into 2 tough away games where he isnt used to the pace. An appearance at Ibrox in an easier game may have been a better way to start him of.

Lee McCulloch - I wanted him a while ago and said his fee would be worth it. His physical pressence is priceless at times. He has had a few quiet games in the league but is a trier and is going well.

Steven Naismith - Ive only seen a glimpse of him and I liked what I saw. Needs more first team action - even if its coming off the bench.

DaMarcus Beasely - He has actually won over me a bit aswell. I had a bad impression of him coming to us after reading Pete's comments about him in the close season. But he does a decent job down the left.

Daniel Cousin - He is playing with his hands tied IMO. If we could give him the right service and partner then he will be a nightmare for opposition defences. Id give him Buffel, Darcheville or Naismith upfront and he will cause huge problems. I like him!

Alan Gow - I feel sorry for him. He hasnt kicked a ball. I cant work out why he hasnt even came off the bench and been tried.

Hemdani - I know he isnt Smith's signing but he has to get back into the starting XI in place of Thomson and sit infront of the defence with Ferguson next to him in the midfield.

Buffel - Again not a Smith signing - but must be given a try to play behind the front men/man. I think a team with Buffel, Ferguson and Hemdani in it and a Novo flying down one wing will hugely improve us.

Steven Whittaker - He is one player who Im baffled about. I can easily think where his fee could have went to other than on him. Hopefully we dont see him on the right of midfield too often again.

Played with ten men with him on the park. bit of a headless chicken in the right midfield role. Hopefully walter has learned his lesson.

Kevin Thomson - Again he is another who still has to win over me. He has had a handful of good games here and there but I find him ineffective in games. He only plays well when Ferguson is tucked in beside him. Hemdani is in a different league to him.

I have to admit that im starting to like the boy. showed his worth against barcelona and septic. Think he can be a bit of an unsung hero at times.

Amdy Faye - When he signed I thought he would be good back up and his premiership experience will see him in good stead. Holy shit! He has made 2 x 45 mins appearances and looks about as much as a footballer as Terry Wogan. If there is a defence for him, he has been thrown into 2 tough away games where he isnt used to the pace. An appearance at Ibrox in an easier game may have been a better way to start him of.

Two words for this guy, FUCK OFF!

Lee McCulloch - I wanted him a while ago and said his fee would be worth it. His physical pressence is priceless at times. He has had a few quiet games in the league but is a trier and is going well.

Couldnt believe what we paid for him. Didnt want him. eating a big plate of humble pie as i type!

Steven Naismith - Ive only seen a glimpse of him and I liked what I saw. Needs more first team action - even if its coming off the bench.

Have no worries about this kid fitting in when his time comes.

DaMarcus Beasely - He has actually won over me a bit aswell. I had a bad impression of him coming to us after reading Pete's comments about him in the close season. But he does a decent job down the left.

Did well on sunday and pops up with important goals. good purchase by walter. we will see the best of him once he adapts to the pace of the game up here.

Daniel Cousin - He is playing with his hands tied IMO. If we could give him the right service and partner then he will be a nightmare for opposition defences. Id give him Buffel, Darcheville or Naismith upfront and he will cause huge problems. I like him!

can be a bit lazy at times but no denying his skill. won everyone over with his performance at Lyon

Alan Gow - I feel sorry for him. He hasnt kicked a ball. I cant work out why he hasnt even came off the bench and been tried.

Cant believe he hasnt played yet. Get a grip Walter!

Hemdani - I know he isnt Smith's signing but he has to get back into the starting XI in place of Thomson and sit infront of the defence with Ferguson next to him in the midfield.

should be first pick every week. another of walters baffling decisions.

Buffel - Again not a Smith signing - but must be given a try to play behind the front men/man. I think a team with Buffel, Ferguson and Hemdani in it and a Novo flying down one wing will hugely improve us.

Hell be off in January.

gribz, where's darchvile?

that guy has been fantastic for us and its just a shame he's got a bit of injury at the moment.

I said I was only picking out a few players.

TBH I havent seen much of Darcheville so i cant really write about him. My impressions are by going what you lot have said - which gives me a good impression for whats its worth.