Borna going?

32 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

In my opinion I haven't seen anything of Ridvan to make me think he will be a suitable replacement for Barasic. If Barasic leaves then we will be much worse off.

I think that's a wild exaggeration. We didn't appear to miss him when he was out injured for weeks.

If Rangers' fortunes are tied to Borna Barisic's presence then we're in deeper shit than I realised.

Edited by Bill

42 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think that's a wild exaggeration. We didn't appear to miss him when he was out injured for weeks.

If Rangers' fortunes are tied to Borna Barisic's presence then we're in deeper shit than I realised.

What has Ridvan done to suggest he is even short-term replacement for Borna? Since arriving Ridvan has been constantly missing through injury and "settling in period" and when he has played, he's hardly stood out.

I don't think anyone is saying our fortunes are tied to Borna. All people are doing is expressing an opinion that Borna is the best option we currently have at left back (doesn't necessarily mean he is great option, just the best we have).

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

What has Ridvan done to suggest he is even short-term replacement for Borna? Since arriving Ridvan has been constantly missing through injury and "settling in period" and when he has played, he's hardly stood out.

I don't think anyone is saying our fortunes are tied to Borna. All people are doing is expressing an opinion that Borna is the best option we currently have at left back (doesn't necessarily mean he is great option, just the best we have).

Still playing Mr Grumpy the attack poodle then?

I don't think I even mentioned Ridvan Yilmaz .... or whether Barisic is our best option or not. What I actually said was that his leaving or staying wouldn't have a major impact on our fortunes this year. I believe that remains the case.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I'll admit to being grumpy, comes with the territory, but as for being an attack poodle, I identify as a Shih tzu.

I was merely stating an opinion if that's OK with you. (did someone resign and make you grand master of GersNet discussion forums?)  

His leaving would have an impact IMO as he is the best option we current have at left back and its an unknown how it would effect our fortunes (unless you have a crystal ball or are related to Mystic Meg).

Ridvan is like the invisible man, Sterling is right-footed so more suited to RB, Devine is a decent prospect but not ready for 1st team, same could be said of Yfeko but at this moment in time, he's  probably the best option as a replacement but largely untried. 

Maybe there is another left back hiding somewhere in our squad but can't think of anyone else. 

mr bean GIF

3 hours ago, Bill said:

What was the wild exaggeration? That we will be much worse off? I never said anything about Rangers fortunes, that’s your exaggeration mate. I just think getting rid of our best left back would be extremely daft with no back-up plan. I’m not impressed by the current backup.

Barisic and Tav are both good at going forward but not great defenders.  

Hopefully we keep Barisic until January but line up a replacement for him and sell him then.  

We need to get rid of everyone involved in 55 because they've all seen better days and staleness is apparent.