Show Racism The Red Card

21 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not a legal expert but possibly the banner in question would fall foul of the Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021.

As for definitions of racism, Google is your friend there 😉😂

Instead of being angry about those who break the rules why are you not questioning them? The only thing improved by such silly 'speech' rules is the power of government. 

I hope you realize that these things are not created to protect you. They are created to trap you. 

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Instead of being angry about those who break the rules why are you not questioning them?

Questioning who?

I've done plenty of questioning in the past, having been involved in various things over the years. It's now up to younger bears to take up the mantle, but that doesn't stop me from highlighting the issues when I see them. 

It seems to me the point of campaigns like SRTRC is to reflect well on those who organise it. It's the same with the daft kneeling performance. I can't believe anyone with half a brain is actually dissuaded from behaving in a racist manner because they've witnessed some footballers taking the knee for ten seconds. Virtue signalling is so prevalent now that we've become immune to it.

Edited by Bill

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

It seems to me the point of campaigns like SRTRC is to reflect well on those who organise it. 

True but Rangers have used it and similar things over a number of years to try and highlight to UEFA the steps that they were taking to prevent the issues that we were getting into trouble with. Although it seems to be a box ticking exercise, it can be of some help if hauled in front of UEFA's beaks.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

True but Rangers have used it and similar things over a number of years to try and highlight to UEFA the steps that they were taking to prevent the issues that we were getting into trouble with. Although it seems to be a box ticking exercise, it can be of some help if hauled in front of UEFA's beaks.

All absolutely true. I'd suggest the Anyone Everyone campaign struck a bigger chord in terms of racism and, while undoubtedly a useful box ticking exercise, I still maintain SRTRC has made little or no contribution to its stated objectives.