Did he get it wrong tonight?

As soon as Italy went 1-0 up he shouldv'e brought on Miller for Hartley. So fuck if it was 2 mins into the game we had to win and with 1 man upfront it wasn't going to happen.

What's the difference in being beaten 2-1 and going out and being beaten 4-0 and going out?

Did anyone hear his interview on Friday? He said "we might lose the game but we won't let our bottle crash!"

Well Eck, our bottle crashed something rotten and so did yours!

Was about to start a thread about him aswell but more so on his future. Will he move onto a premiership club now or stay on for the next campaign?

His stock has went up and he is being linked with jobs down south.

I dont think he can be blamed for getting it wrong yesterday, but i do think Miller should have been on earlier. I actually think the rain and conditions played its part.

Excuses excuses excuses!

Scotland had to win yesterday simple as! He went with one up front and it came back and bit him on the arse. I hope he moves onto an EPL club. He fucked up Motherwell, Hibs, Rangers and now Scotland.

Everyone knows i got on to McLeish when he was at rangers but i have to defend him in this case.

He went with 1 up front coz we were up against the world champions. He is tactically naive at times but we have given France and Italy a run right to the wire so he had to get some things right somewhere.

I do think Miller should have been on earlier and McFadden played deeper but it may have it may have went the other way.

At the end of the day we had to win to qualify and going with 1 man up-front wasn't very attacking. We deserved what we got even with a dodgy ref!

LIke I said in anothe rthread, what difference would it make if we got beat 4-0 and played a 4-4-2 than got beat 2-1 with a 4-1-4-1? I'd rather be beaten and going out in style than fucking it up and wondering 'what if'.

So do you think Scotland have got worse or better under Eck ?,I think he has done a great job,these were the same tactics that got us the win against France

Tough tough question. I think the squad has came closer together but Walter Smith did so well after Vogts' reign. Smith opened a massive platform for a successor and Eck has carried on the canter

Tough tough question. I think the squad has came closer together but Walter Smith did so well after Vogts' reign. Smith opened a massive platform for a successor and Eck has carried on the canter

So our recent results that have us up to 13th in the world rankings doesn't help you answer the question ?,IMO we have a really good side,better than I can remember,and we were very unlucky not to qualify.As for tactics...................well we have to play to our strengths and that is what we have been doing all through the qualifiers,I think Eck has us playing well and just because we didn't beat the world champions I find it very strange that he seems to be getting a bit of a hard time,well done Eck and the players for getting our pride back :cheers:

So our recent results that have us up to 13th in the world rankings doesn't help you answer the question ?,IMO we have a really good side,better than I can remember,and we were very unlucky not to qualify.As for tactics...................

Mate, i think ive maybe misunderstood the question but there is no doubt progress has been made.

Im certainly not digging at Eck here but if he replaced Vogts (not W Smith) would we still be in the same position.

I just think Smith deserves huge credit for scrapping us off the ground and getting us off and running. Eck has continued what Smith started and has a great 'A' team but the Georgia showed we dont have a 'B' team once our better players arent available.

Eck doesnt deserve any critics but he did make a few wrong decisions. Playing an unfit Fletcher in Georgia was wrong and Miller should have been on earlier last night.

But it take our certain circumstances compared to Vogts days. We are progressing and have a good young squad. It will be interesting to see if Eck stays on. We dont have a competitive game for 10 months and you have to wonder if Eck would prefer day to day management again.

So our recent results that have us up to 13th in the world rankings doesn't help you answer the question ?,IMO we have a really good side,better than I can remember,and we were very unlucky not to qualify.As for tactics...................well we have to play to our strengths and that is what we have been doing all through the qualifiers,I think Eck has us playing well and just because we didn't beat the world champions I find it very strange that he seems to be getting a bit of a hard time,well done Eck and the players for getting our pride back :cheers:

We got beaten off a team who played with two 17 year olds and a 16 year old. I'm talking about Georgia by the way. :thup: