Eck is obviously wanting to get back in to club management as the international thing is fine but lacks the day-to-day stuff. I'm just not sure how he'll do as I think he's been found out at times with Scotland from a tactical point of view in the same way that happened at Ibrox. But the flip side is that I still think he did a lot of good for us given the rampant downsizing going on around him.

I'd be tempted to stay in charge of the national team though. He's got a great group of players and might get a great chance of making the World Cup given how we've improved in the world rankings recently. He's also got age on his side.

If he does go, then there's probably never been a better time for someone to come in and do well with the team. I'd like to see Gary Mac involved in some role though.

Yeah I was thinking he will probably realise he will still only be 49 / 50 after the next qualifying group so he wont make a knee jerk reation. He can take Scotland to the next WC then he'll be in with a great job somewhere.

But I agree he has made a few tactical boobs but at least this time he is playing defenders in defence, midfielders in midfield etc etc.

He also did get a wee bit of luck like Georgia at home when Beattie nicked the winner in the last minute, he that goal didnt go in we would have been out earlier.

But I think he has been tactically better for Scotland than he was with Gers.

I still also think Walter Smith deserves more credit. He was the one who picked the team up when they were in a dire mess and transformed us. McLeish carry the tourch on.