Ross McCausland signs new deal

We don't need McCausland or Lowry to be the next Barry Ferguson btw, which I think is what people demand.

If they can become an important squad member and put down 2000 minutes a season (22 90's) then that's brilliant for me. Its what we should aspire to do.

It's not shit or bust with these lads, it's almost like we throw them a game against Stenhousemuir at Ibrox in the Cup in a changed XI and if they don't score a hattrick and run the game they're bombed out.

Scott McTominay and Curtis Jones are prime examples of what we should aim for, lads who can drop in in any given match be it Domestic, European or International and hold their own. Good rotation options and by god we need those with 60 game seasons on the horizon.

Neither are key players but are key components of a good dressing room imo.

Unless they do want to be the next Barry, I'd love that haha.

I had to say this, let's not get a young player becoming a first team player confused with them having to be the best Scottish player of their generation.

Cheers.

The last two managers and their signings weren't very good.  We've just got a new manager, who can't make any changes to the squad yet, so let's give him a chance.  

If, at the end of January, we're no better off then I think moaning might have some validity.  Until then, it's just moaning for the sake of it.

Some great Rangers teams have lost at Pittodrie.  

2 hours ago, yuddie said:

We don't need McCausland or Lowry to be the next Barry Ferguson btw, which I think is what people demand.

If they can become an important squad member and put down 2000 minutes a season (22 90's) then that's brilliant for me. Its what we should aspire to do.

It's not shit or bust with these lads, it's almost like we throw them a game against Stenhousemuir at Ibrox in the Cup in a changed XI and if they don't score a hattrick and run the game they're bombed out.

Scott McTominay and Curtis Jones are prime examples of what we should aim for, lads who can drop in in any given match be it Domestic, European or International and hold their own. Good rotation options and by god we need those with 60 game seasons on the horizon.

Neither are key players but are key components of a good dressing room imo.

Unless they do want to be the next Barry, I'd love that haha.

I had to say this, let's not get a young player becoming a first team player confused with them having to be the best Scottish player of their generation.

Cheers.

Whilst I agree with you and it's a very sensible and positive post / attitude, I do think we need a Barry Ferguson (or Nathan Patterson / Calvin Bassey) every few years to help the player trading model. 

However it's not fair to expect every player from the academy to be "super-stars". 

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Some great Rangers teams have lost at Pittodrie.  

They have indeed including the very greatest but likewise the Aberdeen teams that won were an awful lot better than the current crew.

21 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

the Aberdeen teams that won were an awful lot better than the current crew.

No doubt about that but Clement is dealing with a rubbish deck and we should really have won that game (if Balogun and Lammers weren't 50p heids).