The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Last night confirmed my view that the Board need to back the manager with some reasonable funds in January.   The prize money will be handy but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a share issue in the coming week or two.  

Last night will be forgotten if we fail on Sunday against the typical red "wall and sneak a counter-attack-goal" style we are facing in Scotland nearly every week.

My biggest point of bother is not the quality of players we have, which has IMHO increased this summer, but the way we go about our business in most of the league games, player- and tactics-wise. Hence my remark about bringing Hagi back.

People were and are saying that Shankland or Miovski shall be an option, back then and nowadays. Yet, had we played Shankland back then when he was first linked (and regarded not good enough) or would play him now like we do with Dessers, Danilo, Morelos et al, he would probably fail to deliver as well, up alone against packed defenses. For - outside the OF games - he hardly has to cope with that sort of defending. 

Get Dessers and Roofe on alongside one another on Sunday, one the physical threat, the other the predator, and we will reap the benefits.

Wee remark: no doubt Kent had his qualities, but Sima is far more the left-sided goal-scoring attacker our current system requires and demanded for years.

13 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

the quality of players we have, which has IMHO increased this summer

😱

13 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

like we do with Dessers, Danilo, Morelos et al, he would probably fail to deliver as well, up alone against packed defenses

The striker isn't alone most of the time, as we often play with a front three, plus the number 10 and a full-back joining in too.