The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Not sure whether some chaps might indeed still leave, e.g. the Turkish transfer window is still open. Dunno about the Brazilian one. So perhaps we might see some movement still. And there obviously is the freebie option.

We're left with a couple of fit strikers, of whom Silva probably still needs some time to adjust. We've seen all the talk about Dessers (to name but one of many) and he took some time to settle (or find his form). Sadly, it looks like we cannot afford to give Silva as much time till he finds his goalscoring touch (if any). With Sima out, we are also bereft of another regular scorer. Cantwell, Lawrence, Matondo, and Wright all know how to score, but don't do that regularly enough. Cortes obviously is an unknown quantity, but that also holds true for the Scottish defenders he is up against. Wait and see (and hope) is the name of the game.

Diomande looks to be another piece of the new midfield puzzle, should fit right in besides Raskin.

Glad that we kept Ridvan, as he looks in form these days, and more positive than Barisic. I assume that we will monitor Jefte till the end of the season and either one of the aforementioned two will be for the off in the summer.

All in all, we are not worse off than before, which is the main thing.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

I’m disappointed this morning. I’d been hoping the drummer was off on loan to Boca or Santos, anywhere he could learn rhythm. 

Back in the day, a drummer who could not hold a four on the floor rhythm was classifies as a Jazz Drummer.

Is Kenny Ball still touring these days?

The Ibrox drummer could bring an eclectic note to the Jazzmen.

16 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The Ibrox drummer could bring an eclectic note to the Jazzmen.

As a fan of jazz music myself, I'd like to state we don't want the Ibrox drummer(s) anywhere near our swinging, polyrhythms and exotic time signatures.  

One thing to add about the transfer window, replacing Lammers with Silva will be a huge success.

Edited by Gonzo79

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

One thing to add about the transfer window, replacing Lammers with Silva will be a huge success.

But I’ve been assured there was a player in there 🙄

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Lammers

Saying he was shite would be an understatement but I'd hardly put the person down as a "crackpot".  Maybe they're just a polite, kindly sort.  

To steal one of nephew's phrases, 'I gotta keep it 100 fam'. Rangers didn't get a striker. Did they get some decent prospects? Yeap. But we didn't get what we seriously needed.

I see it like this...say you go down to Mexico to find gold...but you come back with rubies. Are they valuable? Will they turn a profit? Yeah...Hopefully. But it's not REALLY what we need is it? No...shake your head no...cause it's not really is it?

I know everybody wants to turn it sunny side up but...yeah. I give this transfer window a 7 out of 10. In the American A-F scale that puts us at a low C. Not makin my dean's list this term.