[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 88)

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The offside ( if it was offside) was missed. 

It wasn't missed: they didn't check it, because they didn't have to; they decided it wasn't a penalty. 

Only if a penalty was given would they check the offside. 

Your source isn't wrong per se, it is just missing a lot, from my brief reading.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

It wasn't missed: they didn't check it, because they didn't have to; they decided it wasn't a penalty. 

Only if a penalty was given would they check the offside. 

Your source isn't wrong per se, it is just missing a lot, from my brief reading.

They effectively gave a decision and a reason for that decision then half an hour later come up with a different reason because they realised the original reason was incorrect.

Unfortunately football(like all sports presumably)doesn’t work like that. 

It’s incompetence or corruption. Maybe both. 

Edited by RANGERRAB

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Dermot Gallagher, a professional referee for over 20 years, doesn't know what he's talking about? OK.

Edit: I actually think I might be wrong - I think Dermot says that Collum (VAR) decides its no penalty and that it's a bye kick because it comes off Sima, not the Referee. I can see why the Referee should have been asked to have a look. That's fair. It's irrelevant anyway because of the offside, but at the very least it's incompetence again - which is nothing new with our Referees.

No it's not. It's anything but irrelevant. This is not a matter of whether there was a player offside or what that might have meant regarding the award of a penalty.

Why did it take 30minutes for them to come up with the image showing sima offside?

Normally this is done at the time of the incident in less than a minute.

Something not right here. 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Why did it take 30minutes for them to come up with the image showing sima offside?

Normally this is done at the time of the incident in less than a minute.

Something not right here. 

It's clear that Gollum made an arse of it or was shit scared to make the call for fear of having to call the glazers. Offside is their get of jail card. Remember the ref gave a by kick. 

12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

It's clear that Gollum made an arse of it or was shit scared to make the call for fear of having to call the glazers. Offside is their get of jail card. Remember the ref gave a by kick. 

Still doesn’t explain why it took half an hour to come up with the image purportedly showing sima offside when Lundstrum played the ball.

were they doctoring the image to suit their agenda? Some suggestions sima wasn’t offside depending where /how the picture is taken