[Match Postponed] Dundee v Rangers

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

When I said assists I meant chances that created goals, I'm sure Barisic is ahead of Ridvan 😀

Anyone who watched Thursdays game must have noticed how mentally and physically drained he was. I'm not singling him out, I mentioned 4 or 5 others who looked the same.

I've said numerous times (until I'm sick to my back teeth) I really don't care who starts as there is nothing between them IMO.

It's the demonisation of Barisic that is unfair IMO. 

It says above that Barisic has 3 assists to Ridvan's 1. (I was just pointing out the xA from Ridvan is pretty good - he can't score the goals for them). 

The stats would agree there's not much between them - if we ignore the style difference. 

That's fair. The criticism of Barisic can be over the top. 

I personally prefer Ridvan: the fact that the stats show he's in-line with Barisic - if I'm being harsh - at only 22 years old, suggests to me he must be first choice. (I'd revise that if we sign someone else.) 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It says above that Barisic has 3 assists to Ridvan's 1. (I was just pointing out the xA from Ridvan is pretty good - he can't score the goals for them). 

The stats would agree there's not much between them - if we ignore the style difference. 

I personally prefer Ridvan: the fact that the stats show he's in-line with Barisic - if I'm bring harsh - at only 22 years old, suggests to me he must be first choice. (I'd revise that if we sign someone else.) 

Ridvan has played the equivalent of 5 games more.

Edited by Blue Moon

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I personally prefer Ridvan: the fact that the stats show he's in-line with Barisic - if I'm being harsh - at only 22 years old, suggests to me he must be first choice. (I'd revise that if we sign someone else.) 

Agreed he can't score the goals for attackers. Given Barisic is playing with the same attackers, would it suggest the quality of his crosses / delivery is better than Ridvan's? 

I mentioned in my original post, I believe Barisic is our best option from corners (not that that's a reason to select him) as his delivery from corners is far better than both Tav and Ridvan.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

The undeniable fact is that Ridvan looked absolutely drained on Thursday night. That would be a mixture of the quality of opposition, the conditions and the amount of game time he, and others are being asked to play.

It's a tough decision for the manager tomorrow. We can't afford to drop any points so does he go with players who are physically and mentally drained (it's not just Ridvan I'm talking about here) or does he go with players who are coming back from injury (or not played for a while).

Both options are gambles, PC will need to decide if he sticks or twists.  

I think he'll go with minimal changes and that's fine with me. I'm also fine if he makes 4 or 5 changes. 

2 minutes ago, compo said:

Just keep it simple and take chances when they come drop Dessers and start with Roofe 

In theory I agree but Roofe is just coming back from injury and is lacking in sharpness. 

I'd go with Silva and play Wright and McCausland wide if they are fit. 

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

0.25 to 0.22 xA per 90, with Barisic shading it. 

Screenshot_20240316_171312_FotMob.thumb.jpg.ef12b098bf9d9b6c9ecb51628e8ba3d5.jpg

So per 90mins Barasic is better defensively and offensively? 

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Agreed he can't score the goals for attackers. Given Barisic is playing with the same attackers, would it suggest the quality of his crosses / delivery is better than Ridvan's? 

I mentioned in my original post, I believe Barisic is our best option from corners (not that that's a reason to select him) as his delivery from corners is far better than both Tav and Ridvan.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

The undeniable fact is that Ridvan looked absolutely drained on Thursday night. That would be a mixture of the quality of opposition, the conditions and the amount of game time he, and others are being asked to play.

It's a tough decision for the manager tomorrow. We can't afford to drop any points so does he go with players who are physically and mentally drained (it's not just Ridvan I'm talking about here) or does he go with players who are coming back from injury (or not played for a while).

Both options are gambles, PC will need to decide if he sticks or twists.  

I think he'll go with minimal changes and that's fine with me. I'm also fine if he makes 4 or 5 changes. 

Ridvan's xA (the quality of the assist - similar to xG) is higher so, no. The forwards have just taken the chance. It's the same with goals: miss a tap-in, score a worldie from 40-yards. 

It's a dilemma. It'll be interesting to see what PC does. 

18 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So per 90mins Barasic is better defensively and offensively? 

Pretty level, to be fair. 

Defensively, Barisic shades it - except for interceptions and pressing. 

Offensively, Ridvan shades it - except for the important assist number. 

It really highlights how they differ in style: Barisic is better defensively deep (low block) , passes and assists; Ridvan is better defensively higher up the pitch (high press) , and dribbling and shooting. 

You can see why PC might prefer Ridvan.