6 minutes ago, compo said:

The question should be can we beat them when it really matters have we got the balls .

Agreed.

We won't have a better chance to do so so we need to demonstrate we really want to win this!

Excellent OP Frankie. Really, this is the game where we need to show belief. To be winning the league, we need to be winning this game, in our home in front of only our own fans. That other mob will be up for it though, so I want to see us dominating the game from the start and ideally getting an early goal. I don’t want to see a nervy start. The players need to be going for it and taking a stranglehold in midfield, and shutting them down before they can do any damage.

Its shocking that our league record against them has been so poor in recent years, now is the time, and a great opportunity, to start reversing that trend.

19 minutes ago, Union Jack said:

Excellent OP Frankie. Really, this is the game where we need to show belief. To be winning the league, we need to be winning this game, in our home in front of only our own fans. That other mob will be up for it though, so I want to see us dominating the game from the start and ideally getting an early goal. I don’t want to see a nervy start. The players need to be going for it and taking a stranglehold in midfield, and shutting them down before they can do any damage.

Its shocking that our league record against them has been so poor in recent years, now is the time, and a great opportunity, to start reversing that trend.

Agreed.

FWIW, I think the only home game lately where we didn't start well was against Motherwell so I'm hoping that really was the exception to the rule. Celtic are a good team but we really need to put them under pressure a lot more than we did in either of the two games we've played against this season. Do that and I've no doubt we'll create enough chances to win the game.

On the other hand, we need to be stronger defensively as well. We're far too open on the transition and Celtic are more capable than teams like Hibs who had the opportunity to cause us problems on Saturday and didn't.

I suspect I am included in the majority of Rangers supporters for this particular old firm game?

Please Rangers, do not have me wondering after the game. Get after them all over the pitch, expend the necessary energy. Our bench is strong, substitutions can be made. Leave it all out on the pitch.

After the game, I want to wallow in the warm waters of their always cheated, never defeated inevitable narrative.

Come Sunday our defenders have to show they can bump to the challenge Celtic attackers will be taking them on playing quick one twos we have to be able to cope,we have to block/cut out forward runs from their half backs starving their front men in between one goal could be the difference between 49,000 plus fans leaving ecstatically or heading to the nearest slop house to drown their sorrows wondering if they should take a Monday off work .

MON THE GERS :rfc::rfc::rfc::rfc::rfc::rfc: