[FT] Ross County 3 - 2 Rangers (Baldwin o.g. 15; Tavernier 89pen)

11 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

FFS yes I'm serious. Goldson, Tav and Souttar are garbage. 

But there are varying degrees of garbage and Leon King is several degrees worse than those you mentioned (and isn't a right back or midfield player). 

Unfortunately, our "youth" system isn't going to be our saviour any time in the near to mid-term

We'll continue to play second fiddle to Celtic as long as we have inferior players, inferior player trading model and inferior profit margin. 

Whilst they have regressed on the park which allowed us to briefly dream of being champions, they are miles ahead of us in all things that matter. 

15 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Aye for half their wages - dream on. 

All I'm saying is I've seen enough of certain players.  Our opinions don't matter a jot but Clement's will matter a lot.  

If he wants to stick with perennial losers, he'll go the same way as GvB and Beale.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

All I'm saying is I've seen enough of certain players.  Our opinions don't matter a jot but Clement's will matter a lot.  

If he wants to stick with perennial losers, he'll go the same way as GvB and Beale.

No, you were saying benching them would force them to move on.

They aren't good enough, but neither are the vast majority of our players, but we are stuck with most of them unless we can find buyers. 

By definition, any player who has been here for 2 or 3 seasons (or more) are perennial losers, so what sets Tav, Goldson and Lundstram apart from the rest? 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

No, you were saying benching them would force them to move on.

I said it would help things along.  Nothing about forcing.  

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

we are stuck with most of them

No player has a 'must start' clause in their contract.  We might well be stuck with them but we can still find better options and play them instead. 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

what sets Tav, Goldson and Lundstram apart from the rest

Their age, performances, continual failings etc.  

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I said it would help things along.  Nothing about forcing.  

No player has a 'must start' clause in their contract.  We might well be stuck with them but we can still find better options and play them instead. 

Their age, performances, continual failings etc.  

So given the above criteria, who deserves to stay? Who do does the manager build his squad around? 

Who, over the last 2-3 years have shown the required level of performance and "acceptable" failings to suggest they are the correct players to turn us from losers into winners? 

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

But the issue is, both are under contract. If they aren't playing, they need to be off the wage bill. 

Two ways that happens, someone buys them, or we pay them off. Can't see either scenario panning out unless the Tav to Saudi rumours are true.

If we don't win the league, the transfer budget will be minimal and only topped up by selling players. 

£6M for Tav if the Saudi rumours develop into firm bids, couple of million for Ridvan to Turkey, same with Hagi and Butland will add another £6-£8M (no way we'll get more for him). So that's another circa £15M and some wages freed up when you add in the out of contract players. 

If Butland goes we will have a problem. 

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Who do does the manager build his squad around? 

Dunno.  Maybe Diamonde, Souttar and Danilo as the spine.

I actually think Butland is a bit overrated. 

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

If Butland goes we will have a problem. 

We will, but how else can we fund the required changes? Nobody else will command a decent transfer fee. If we don't win the league, we will struggle to make the CL so we need to generate funds somehow. 

Balogun:Vs CG 

I think at this moment  in time with Goldson playing bad With Baloguns  ability to play both as a center-back and a right-back provides tactical flexibility allowing Tav to move further up the field. 

Davies Vs JS 

Davies adaptability allows him to slot into different defensive roles seamlessly.

Whether it’s a back three or a traditional back four, Davies adjusts well, Yes JS does the darting runs up field but in recent games we have looked vulnerable at the back! I honestly couldn’t tell if they would work together JS and LB or BD & CG but something needs to get mixed up. Let’s hope Ridvan comes back soon as BB was shocking and Sterling had to step in.