The Order of the Boot

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Stats wise no doubt. Those are envied by most wingers and even strikers. Performance-wise ... you are the chap with the stats, what's his cross-/pass-completion ratio? Is it wrong to wish that a defender is doing his prime job first and foremost? There are reasons why concede bad goals time and again, and since "we play as a team", we also lose as a team. Our centre-halfs are more often exposed for a reason. Hence, I suggested a 3-at-the-back and let Tavernier run his race on the right wing as per usual. We need to plug the gaps.

As for the rubbish ... no-one wants to get rid of Tavernier, I would assume?

He has a cross-accuracy rate of 29.5%, which puts him in the 75 percentile in the league. 

Just because he has flaws in his game doesn't mean he's not one of our best players. 

Yes, our whole press is awful, which is why our midfield gets exposed and then our defence.

I would like to see a back-three. 

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

So from a squad of 37, I have only 9 players I'd really want to keep and, if we're honest

Nine...Holy crap Frankie. You ain't playin.

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

There are honestly very few I would keep, it's too hard to select just 5. And some of the players like Jack and Tav, I love them, but we need to freshen up and bring in a new mentality and ensure we aren't signing injury prone players in the future, I don't think it has ever worked for us.

. That's why you gottta sit down and meditate on that shit...picutre each team member and let the emotion of the visage take you. 

For example--image.png.c5a124cba3ea4b342d18b826d9c7f566.png...interminable doom, the sounds of endless sobbing and Thom Yorke...

I've been trying to put together a quick chart of the minutes players by each player, finding it hard to find reliable stats. The below is domestic league stats only so not ideal.. I'd want to include cups / Europe and ideally be able to indicate for each player games missed through injury to differentiate between non selection reasons. But its all I've got.

Edit - source: Rangers Stats, Scottish Premiership | FBref.com

MPandMinsP.png

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats
Added source

15 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I've been trying to put together a quick chart of the minutes players by each player, finding it hard to find reliable stats. The below is domestic league stats only so not ideal.. I'd want to include cups / Europe and ideally be able to indicate for each player games missed through injury to differentiate between non selection reasons. But its all I've got.

MPandMinsP.png

Yilmaz has played more than Barisic?! 

Whaa...?! 

Then why don’t we move  TAV to RM as clearly he lacks the pace most times when he is back tracking back to defence ? No doubting his attacking ability so would it not make sense to move him in a  midfield role and sterling over on the right his more desirable position? Tav is whether we like it or not our go to man for goals this season and many other seasons as kris Boyd rightly said we can’t be relying on a DR to get us goals. So move him up into a more attacking role. 

As much as we are all probably guilty of moaning about Tav's poor passing and poor crossing at times during a match he really is one of our best players.

He does have deficiencies defending which could be replaced by signing a right back that can only be a right back but you then lose his rampaging runs forward not to mention his important goal scoring.

Would changing to a back 3 help cover the space he leaves? 

EDIT..MOVE TAV TO RM if only to annoy Gonzo. 😉

Edited by onevision

26 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Then why don’t we move  TAV to RM as clearly he lacks the pace most times when he is back tracking back to defence ? No doubting his attacking ability so would it not make sense to move him in a  midfield role and sterling over on the right his more desirable position? Tav is whether we like it or not our go to man for goals this season and many other seasons as kris Boyd rightly said we can’t be relying on a DR to get us goals. So move him up into a more attacking role. 

On that thinking why not put him at centre forward. 😂

7 minutes ago, onevision said:

MOVE TAV TO RM if only to annoy Gonzo

I'm sure Warburton, Gerrard, Van Bronckhorst, Beale and Clement have never thought of this.