The moment of (inconvenient) truth

A part of me thinks, if we can just beat them then it's a straight shoot-out, and we give ourselves a chance. 

But, I don't even see us outscoring them over the last 2-3 games, never mind beating them.

It's all a bit deflating.  

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

A part of me thinks, if we can just beat them then it's a straight shoot-out, and we give ourselves a chance. 

But, I don't even see us outscoring them over the last 2-3 games, never mind beating them.

It's all a bit deflating.  

Like I say it's a vicious circle and has affected everything around the club in recent years.  Fans lack real belief, players lack confidence, fans eager to react negatively, player confidence decreases further and so on and on...

The mental fragility around this squad is something we've talked about for a long time and whilst fingers can be point at key individuals from senior players to managers, shaking off this toxic negativity has to be a priority. Winning tomorrow would go a long way to doing that but substantial squad changes have to happen regardless. 

FWIW, I'd also like to see the manager make staff changes. We need improvement in our play as much as anything else.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

FWIW, I'd also like to see the manager make staff changes. We need improvement in our play as much as anything else.

Ian Cathro is available... 👀 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Ian Cathro is available... 👀 

Probably carries too much baggage nowadays but I do think we need some modern thinking.

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

FWIW, I'd also like to see the manager make staff changes.

I also want to see this. I have been living in hope that the current staffing was just a 'get to the end of the season and then revisit' 

14 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Why do our players get injured so easily ?

I think we need to get rid of our new physio tbh 😉

Screenshot2024-05-10at00_18_02.png.80f0ebe3bb2a268f4da82426ee988b93.png

If the physio looked like that I suspect we'd see even more injuries!