UCL Qualification 24/25

Looks like our potential opponents have been finalised.

This twitter accounts sums it up better than I ever could:

Hopefully Clement gets backed and we target this, it could shape his tenure for the medium term.

Key Takeaways: No Benfica, Seeded and we find out both opponents before the QR3 game.

Also, given how repetitive our draws seem to be you can bet your house on us getting USG at some point.

What you reckon? We need to cash in with the new format whilst our coefficient is strong.

We shouldn't fear anyone in those pots imo - if we get ibrox in the second leg I fancy us to make it.

Cheers.

Provisional pots
Being top seeds we get the provisional pass from Bert Kassie into the pots which gives us a peak at what we could win. Drink it in while it lasts. Don't think I have ever seen us in a pot 2 line-up, even provisional.

Pot 1                          coef.             Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
Manchester City          Eng 148.000             Bayer Leverkusen         Ger  90.000
Bayern München           Ger 144.000             Atlético Madrid          Esp  89.000
Real Madrid              Esp>134.000             Atalanta                 Ita  81.000
Paris Saint-Germain      Fra 116.000             Juventus                 Ita  80.000
Liverpool                Eng 114.000             Benfica                  Por  79.000
Internazionale           Ita 101.000             Arsenal                  Eng  72.000
Borussia Dortmund        Ger >97.000             Club Brugge              Bel  64.000
RB Leipzig               Ger  97.000             Glasgow Rangers *3       Sco  63.000
FC Barcelona             Esp  91.000             Shakhtar Donetsk *4      Ukr  63.000

Pot 3                          coef.             Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
AC Milan                 Ita  59.000             .
Feyenoord                Ned  57.000             Celtic                   Sco  32.000
Sporting CP Lisbon       Por  54.500             AS Monaco                Fra  24.000
PSV Eindhoven            Ned  54.000             Aston Villa              Eng  20.860
Slavia Praha *3          Cze  53.000             Bologna                  Ita >18.056
Dinamo Zagreb **         Cro  50.000             Girona FC                Esp >17.847
Red Star Belgrade *4     Srb  40.000             VfB Stuttgart            Ger >17.324
PAOK Thessaloniki **     Gre  37.000             Sturm Graz               Aut  14.500
.                                                Stade Brestois           Fra  13.366

Just had a look at the new CL "league sort of thing" system. What a farce. We've come a very very long way from that soggy night at Ibrox against Marseille to end up with this trash.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Just had a look at the new CL "league sort of thing" system. What a farce. We've come a very very long way from that soggy night at Ibrox against Marseille to end up with this trash.

If we qualify it probably does us favours - easier to reach the last 16 in this format imo.

12 minutes ago, yuddie said:

If we qualify it probably does us favours - easier to reach the last 16 in this format imo.

That's us in the last 16 of CL now !!

That is quite a leap 😁

We'd need to play 14 games to get to the last 16 (unless yo have us finishing in the top eight places in the new League format.

When I was a lad, you only needed to play eight games to reach the final.

49 minutes ago, buster. said:

That's us in the last 16 of CL now !!

That is quite a leap 😁

We'd need to play 14 games to get to the last 16 (unless yo have us finishing in the top eight places in the new League format.

When I was a lad, you only needed to play eight games to reach the final.

That's true enough but we get more games against teams that are in and around our level is my point.

I'm purely coming at this from the point of view that we've been very consistent in European football for a number of years now - especially at Ibrox.

Maybe I'm a deluded Bear but I have faith that eventually we will make the leap from UEL to UCL and be competitive in the latter whenever we qualify. In my mind that means making the playoffs in this new format.

Maybe that ambition died a long time ago within the club though.