McCulloch absolutely coasted the game.

Not surprisingly Gow did look a little off the pace - started slow, got into it as first half progressed and had some nice wee touches, especially flick for huttons goal. but was extremely quiet 2nd half. looked VERY skinny and i was hoping to some promise and there was definitely some there... just seemed like an deer caught in the headlights to me...

Huge fan of buffel - and if given a run in the team could prove to be the missing type of player we've been crying out to spend millions on. I can only hope Walter obliges...

Its a bit difficult to judge properly given the standard of the opposition, but Gow looked the part tonight. Some lovely touches and link-up play suggests he deserves a chance in the first team. At the very least we should maybe be putting him out on loan so that he's playing regularly.

I see 1 or 2 have been giving some good reports on Tam Buffel.

The comments have been right - to get another player in with his talent would cost millions - Walter HAS to play him.

Gow needs a wee run in the first team aswell - he surely cant be any worse than Charlie Adam.

Not surprisingly Gow did look a little off the pace - started slow, got into it as first half progressed and had some nice wee touches, especially flick for huttons goal. but was extremely quiet 2nd half. looked VERY skinny and i was hoping to some promise and there was definitely some there... just seemed like an deer caught in the headlights to me...

So did Gow have a good game or not? :confused:

If he seemed like a deer caught in the headlights playing against East Stirling then what will he look like playing against SPL clubs?

If he seemed like a deer caught in the headlights playing against East Stirling then what will he look like playing against SPL clubs?

Our best player I thought and someone lacking in confidence or overawed wouldn't have attempted some of the flicks and touches he was trying.

I must have been watching a different game!

alan gow was fantastic from the highlights. before we signed him he had the most assists in the league - and you can see why. even if for parts of the game he looked jaded, his craft had concrete results, twice setting up goals. he's exactly the sort of player we need in the final third. and he's only young - he's hardly going to be the finished article yet.

personally i thought no, but thats my opinion.

I was hoping for more, to me he had glimpses that showed he was capable of putting in a shift but there were other points where he was so off the pace it was embarassing (eg failing to trap the ball)

as the highlights suggested he did well and was involved in alot of our attacking stuff, but personally i thought they flattered gow (not necessarily a bad thing)

I hope he does well, but on wed display i wont be holding my breath....