Trust Buys �£50,000 of Rangers Shares

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=174&Itemid=1

Rangers received a New Year present at Murray Park today ââ?¬â?? when the Rangers Supportersââ?¬â?¢ Trust handed over a Ã?£50,000 cheque to buy 84,000 new ordinary shares in the club ââ?¬â?? the first of many such acquisitions it hopes to make over the next few years from its pioneering share-save initiative.

This unique GerSave scheme, launched last year, and used as a blueprint by other UK clubs, allows fans to invest in shares in the club.

Fans can inject from a minimum of �£10 per month into the savings scheme and the cash will be used to buy shares in The Rangers Football Club plc.

In return, fans who are members of the Rangers Supporters� Trust will receive an entitlement to ordinary shares in the club.

Handing over the cheque, Malcolm McNiven, chairman of the Rangers Supportersââ?¬â?¢ Trust said: ââ?¬Å?We are delighted to be able to provide this level of support to the club and particularly pleased that Murray Park is the venue for the handover.ââ?¬â?¢Ã¢â?¬â?¢

:)

This press release is issued by and its contents the sole responsibility of The Rangers Supporters� Society Limited.

The Rangers Supporters� Society Limited and the ShareSave Scheme operate independently of The Rangers Football Club p.l.c. and The Rangers Football Club p.l.c. is not party to any offer or promotion relating to The Rangers Supporters� Society Limited, the ShareSave Scheme or any shares acquired through the ShareSave Scheme.

No liability or responsibility is accepted by, and no representation or warranty, express or implied, is given by any person other than The Rangers Supporters� Society Limited in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this statement or any other information which may be received, or relied upon, by persons subscribing to The Rangers Supporters� Society Limited and/or the ShareSave Scheme or otherwise acquiring securities in reliance on the contents of the above statement or such other information.

This press release has been approved by Direct Sharedeal Limited which is regulated and authorised by the Financial Services Authority for the purposes of Section 21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

great news! hopefully it will continue to be a success, can hardly wait till i earn enough so that i dont get back to zero every month and can afford to save with it. cant help be jealous of liverpool though in their current bid to conjure enough cash from fans to own the club. imagine the trust with, instead of 0.01%, around 15-20% ownership of the cub. all in good time though.

If I knew that 100,000 fans were going to put in �£120 then I would definitely do it too.

That would make 12M and at least a 20% stake.

If we did that for 5 years we could own the club.

However, all these �£50k investments just seem like a drop in the ocean and hard to get motivated for.

If I knew that 100,000 fans were going to put in �£120 then I would definitely do it too.

That would make 12M and at least a 20% stake.

If we did that for 5 years we could own the club.

However, all these �£50k investments just seem like a drop in the ocean and hard to get motivated for.

Hi

Two reasons:

1. Too many people think 'it won't help' but if everyone who felt like you did join then maybe it would make a difference?

2. The culprits here are the 'high net worth fans': none of these people has ever put a penny in, or openly backed RST, or dared suggest a consortium to unseat Murray..they do not have �£30m but they each have the money if they pooled it. But ego, jealousy and 'I'd be Chairman...no I would be' are hindering attempts to move forward. Blame them.

calscot:

As earl suggests, without every one of our small contributions larger figures wouldn't be reached.

Imagine if Moses McNeil and his friends said, ach, we're only a few young lads, how can we achieve the world's most successful football club?

�£50,000 tranches may not be too exciting but it's a sign that fans can do more to change things via this worthy scheme.

RST has had almost 6,000 pass through (not all active members)...if they all paid �£10 then it would �£60,000 per month, �£720,000 per year.....that would be better, yes?

Add in the 'high net worth fans' and we'd have club within 5 years....but too many involved at our club moan, and stand apart...too few get their hands dirty.

Indeed it would.

Unfortunately, some prefer negativity instead of offering genuine, workable solutions. Along with a malaise amongst key employees at the club, the same problems exist even within the more aware fans out there.