JCD Lyon Appeal

Hemdani, Ferguson and Davis in midfield. Ferguson furthest forward, David doing what Thomson does behind Ferguson.

I can see that TBH but for me Ferguson just isnt that further forward player we need. Thats been obvious for a while now. Ferguson is at his best playing central midifeld and running the midfield (although he does too much at times) rather than pushing further forward.

I'll be interested to see Davis play, I wonder if he gets a game this weekend first!

And then of course there is the option of Faye after his superb reserve performance!! :fish:

But it would still be Buffel or Gow if I was picking the side.

But it would still be Buffel or Gow if I was picking the side.

buffel not even quoted for the reserves now can't see him ever getting into the first team this season..........then hopefully it's bye bye for this underachiever.......

buffel not even quoted for the reserves now can't see him ever getting into the first team this season..........then hopefully it's bye bye for this underachiever.......

he's still more talented than almost all our squad.

We have seen the limits of 'he knows what it is all about and is a pure bear' and it can be okay to help stabilise, but the football we're playing is dreadful, and some of the players are shocking.

he's still more talented than almost all our squad.

We have seen the limits of 'he knows what it is all about and is a pure bear' and it can be okay to help stabilise, but the football we're playing is dreadful, and some of the players are shocking.

totally agree but it's a shame we have hardly seen it in his time here and IMO never will........we all know he can play but is so inconsistent it's unreal and not the guy you want when the chips are down .........we are top of the league, in a cup final, still in both other cups so even though we're not playing great passing football we're going in the right direction from where we were. IMO we will get better the longer we play together as it is quite a young team, that is unless we keep selling our best players and not replacing them :devil:

I don't think we have the players to get much better, except within a Scottish context. The 'limit' would be, for example, at the level the senior Scottish guys have reached, and they're all 'okay'. Ferguson can be above that but only when he chooses to be.

I have been told time and again that next season we'll be like Brazil 70 but I cannot see where it would come from with our squad, coach, tactics and mindset...Sunday was a good example; terrible against Hibs, and yet no pressure with it being SPL. We still hit it long etc.

I doubt Walter will ever play attacking football.

I don't think we have the players to get much better, except within a Scottish context. The 'limit' would be, for example, at the level the senior Scottish guys have reached, and they're all 'okay'. Ferguson can be above that but only when he chooses to be.

I have been told time and again that next season we'll be like Brazil 70 but I cannot see where it would come from with our squad, coach, tactics and mindset...Sunday was a good example; terrible against Hibs, and yet no pressure with it being SPL. We still hit it long etc.

I doubt Walter will ever play attacking football.

That's your opinion m8 no problem, I don't really agree though. We have mostly young Scottish players who can get better IMO. I hate the long ball myself but until we have 1 or 2 (or more) good creative players, and certainly not the likes of buffel IMO, but much much better than him the long ball mainly is affective for us and most SPL teams and it has done OK this season for us so far. We do have the majority of players who can/would fit into the passing game IMO but we do need better players to start doing it but I don't think we need to buy a whole new team, just 1 or 2 players and take it from there.

I am not looking for brazil 70 although we can dream :D

Weir was solid but can't pass a ball....McCulloch doesn't inspire me.

Burke is 24, Thomson 24.

Look at Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi...and many more; all younger than most of our 'kids'. Our kids aren't kids, and are as good as they're going to be, yes a new coach could maybe inspire them with pass and move, and change the way they play, but at 24 you're not going to learn new technique, at least I don't think so.

Weir was solid but can't pass a ball....McCulloch doesn't inspire me.

Burke is 24, Thomson 24.

Look at Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi...and many more; all younger than most of our 'kids'. Our kids aren't kids, and are as good as they're going to be, yes a new coach could maybe inspire them with pass and move, and change the way they play, but at 24 you're not going to learn new technique, at least I don't think so.

that's your opinion m8 fine but I don't agree with it no matter what you say :)

our kids sorry young men will still improve IMO. So at 24 your saying that's the end of the line and you can't improve sorry I have to laugh at that m8. Look at what say Ian Wright did and even our own Dado Prso they came into the game late on in years and improved no end the older they got so your theory doesn't stand up to me sorry. I'd say there would be some size of list of players who have improved no end the older they've got.

and the kids you've mentioned are all rare and exceptional talent and are already at the best teams in europe and if they don't improve there somethings not right.