Not a bad article in The Herald today .

id rather we played 442 or hell 433 but walter will always go back to his ultra negative 451 in europe.......

Its a pity he doesnt go back to his old 3-5-2 but get players in the right positions this time. That way we could fit in Boyd (however I wouldnt start him) plus keep 3 central midfielders and 2 wide men.

No Del. Id rather we played to our strengths an played 442. w533 a3ways str4gg3e t6 s4--6rt C64s5n c6s he d6eswnt want t6 be here, while i smpathyse with Boyd cos he's the most natural scorere we hav.

As I said in another thread, massive parallels in teh short term thinking of the board and now of teh coaching staff. The short term gain (highly debatable, imo just plain wrong) of playing Cousin ahead of the potential long term gain of giving a player who will be here next season match time, sharpness, fitness and the extra experience gained of playing decent European opposition in what is still a very strong tournament.

Seems many don't truly want long term thinking from the club.

Cousin should be better than Boyd in terms of his all round play. However when you actually watch hsi contribution it just doesn't stack up. Look at his crap 5 yard pass that should've gone straight to a team mate unde no pressure. He then took a huff, an extravagant french shrug and hands on hips. Imagine the outcry if Boyd/Adam had done that.

The supposed beenfit in the short term of playing Cousin, ahead of Boyd/Naismith/etc, is negligible. Imo it doesn't exist but soem seem to think he puts in fantastic performances. However as I say, even if there is some slight short term advantage to be gained by playing him, the negatives far outweigh playing him.

Hope his transfer goes through soon and I never have to hear his name again tbh.

Most overrated player on our books by some distance.

And do you think we have the right players at the club to successfully play a 3-5-2 system? I'm not so sure that we do.

Absolutely 8. With 2 players for every position. Its harsh on Whittaker plus S Smith would be out but we still could easy play that:

________________________McGregor__________________

______Weir/Broadfoot_______Cuellar_________Papac/Webster

______________Ferguson/Davis____Thomson/Hemdani_______

_______Novo/Burke_______Buffel/Gow_________Beasley/McCulloch

______________Boyd/Naismith_____JCD/Cousin______________

Absolutely 8. With 2 players for every position. Its harsh on Whittaker plus S Smith would be out but we still could easy play that:

________________________McGregor__________________

______Weir/Broadfoot_______Cuellar_________Papac/Webster

______________Ferguson/Davis____Thomson/Hemdani_______

_______Novo/Burke_______Buffel/Gow_________Beasley/McCulloch

______________Boyd/Naismith_____JCD/Cousin______________

not having a go here m8 but i don't like this formation at all.........

4-4-2 for me :cheers:

Cousin did look up for it when he came on the other night

There us something a like about Cousin, but there is the obvious things that we all dislike about him

TBH keeping Cousin could be the difference on winning or not winning the league

not having a go here m8 but i don't like this formation at all.........

4-4-2 for me :cheers:

Fair enough mate.

Ive always been a fan of it IF its used properly. I dont like to use the dark side as an example but M ONeill work it well a few years ago.

In the SPL we dont need 4 defenders. 3 is enought then infront of that we shold bombard the opposition with those attack minded players with 1 holding midfield. Teams wouldnt be able to cope and we would batter teams.

:cheers:

BTW im looking forward to my next trip to Ibrox and meeting up for a :drink: with you Frankie and Co. - Im sure we'll still get on despite you being tactically naive ;)

Fair enough mate.

Ive always been a fan of it IF its used properly. I dont like to use the dark side as an example but M ONeill work it well a few years ago.

In the SPL we dont need 4 defenders. 3 is enought then infront of that we shold bombard the opposition with those attack minded players with 1 holding midfield. Teams wouldnt be able to cope and we would batter teams.

:cheers:

BTW im looking forward to my next trip to Ibrox and meeting up for a :drink: with you Frankie and Co. - Im sure we'll still get on despite you being tactically naive ;)

I do agree we shouldn't be too defensive in the SPL but you need the right players at the back to start with. Weir and papac are quite slow and I think that would catch us out with that team but if we had better players might be a goer. Webster, Cueller and another might be better.

I prefer to see full backs getting forward though and ones who can cross a decent ball, again we could do with better there as well.

I think 3 in the middle is also a waste as there's no need for a defensive midfielder in the SPL IMO.

Looking forward to having a pint when you get through, I'll try and get some footage of Buffel playing well for Rangers for you, it shouldn't take long and it will easily fit on 1 dvd as there won't be a lot of it :fish:

Cheers m8