Barnsley v Cardiff

West Brom v Portsmouth

The 2 better teams drew each other and the 2 poorer teams got each other. I reckon Barnsely will love that draw.

I read on SSN that, if Cardiff win the FA Cup they won't be entered into europe. Does anyone know why?

Guest Ibroxian

This is the best FA Cup competition for many years, especially since Man Utd soiled it a few years ago with their exploits abroad in the name of the English game. Maybe this will give much of its deseved credability back.

Even if Premiership Portsmouth win it, to have their name on the cup will be just as magical as any of the other three teams because they are an 'old fashioned' club. Personally, after Barnsley knocking the stuffing out of two of the worlds biggest clubs, I'd love to see them win it or atleast reach the final. Shame about poor Bristol Rovers. Amazed that in their entire history they had never got beyond the last eight.

Agree its the best FA cup for years due to all the upsets and the shock of the remaining 4.

But we arent going to get the most appealing final ever are we!?!

Barnsley will be flying the english flag and trying to stop a welsh side getting to the final. I still think its a huge contradiction a Welsh team play in England but the OF dont get a mention.

I fancy a Cardiff v Pompey final with Harry winning it but would like to see one of the championship sides winning it.

I wonder if the Cardiff fans are wishing wembley wasnt complete yet so they got the final in the millenium stadium

Guest Ibroxian
But we arent going to get the most appealing final ever are we!?!

I don't see why not. The underdog appeal will excite the footballing purist even if the game is poor but I reckon there will be 22 second rate players giving it their all.

I remember the stupid commentator who scoffed at the Man Utd - Millwall mismatch in 2004. Millwall didn't get a single shot on or off target and the commentator remarked that Millwall should not be on the field. Damn cheek, they earned the right and afterall, we saw what drivel Man Utd and Chelsea served up last year. Same was said prior to the Liverpool - West Ham final in 2006, that the match would be boring and there would be no goals! Turned out to be one of the best finals ever, not for me though for two reasons. I'm a Hammer fan and I was unable to get to see the final on TV due to work!